geforce4 mx440 bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudikusMaximus

Solid State Member
k, so Im at my bro's house, and I'm sitting here looking at his system. Ive noticed that his video card "geforce4 mx440" has some ancient bios...even for an old vid card. I decided to fix the problem but I cant find any bios updates for it. (current version = 4.17.00.69.00) any help would be appreciated...if not, it doesnt really matter all that much, ill just get them a new one in a few months anyway.

Do you mean BIOS for your motherboard or drivers for the video card. Technically, there are no BIOS for a video card.

Yea there are bios's for video cards. That's how people are able to unlock pipelines and such, they flash the bios and update it. Now back to the subject, why do you want to flash the bios? I relly don't think that there is a point in flashing a bios on a card that old. I don't even think you can get a bios.

There is an option in the BIOS for video cards, but there isn't actually a specific BIOS aside from the standard motherboard BIOS. That's what I meant. And I agree with reggie.

I agree with reggie too there's no point in updating the bios in a card that old that you'll be replacing soon anyways.

why are we flashing the bios for an MX440? If it doesn't work, then you could buy an MX4000 for like 30 bucks. Is it not working at all, or are you expecting better results? Flashing the card isn't going to do anything.

Ryan

I was just wondering what new stuff the newer bios had in it....curiosity you see. I just like to mess around with different software versions. and Im getting a GeForce 6600 GT 128MB AGP next month anyway, twas merely curiosity. and if the bios were out there id have foung it...and I havent so I guess not. thanks anyway

edit: nevermind...got a new pc, and im gonna give this one to my cousin, she turns 5 this month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom