Gears of War Lagging pretty bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

VistaGamer

Baseband Member
Gears of War Freezing pretty bad

I recently started playing some Gears games, and I bought number 1 on the PC. I have a 4850 graphics card and can run Bioshock completely fine.

After an excruciating 3 hours trying to get the game to install properly (had minor problems+ had to download and troubleshoot a few things), i finally got to play gears of war 1.

It was really great, until i noticed that if I ran in an open lush area, and moved my mouse to get a better view, the game would have some freezes and stuttering. It would freeze for half of a second for every centimeter ( a bit smaller than an Inch) I moved my mouse ( approx.).

So I wanted to know, what's wrong? all graphics options are set to max because I thought the game would run pretty well with the power of the 4850.

EDIT: ALSO, I have an amd 64 x2 6000+ 3.0 GHz and 2 gb of Ram

Thanks for any help. If more info is needed, don't hesitate to ask.

Yeah, I did, but I still find it odd that a game from 2006 using 2.0 Pixel Shaders and the like would be running fairly poorly on an almost-new Graphics card ( Came out this June/July I thinK).

So I am guessing there might be either a hardware or software issue, and The only time I'll wholly accept turning the graphics down a bit is when I am positive that there 4850 can't handle Gears of War 1 on max

It runs around 35FPS on full graphics for me. Could be a driver issue. Your CPU wouldn't bottleneck it at all.

All I know is that I have driver ver. 8.8 of Catalyst for the 4850, and that it FREEZES ( Sorry about saying Lag. It doesnt really lag, it just freezes and stutters).

My rig is always making a fairly loud sound however... Maybe it could be hardware issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom