Gateway DX4200

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooker

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

I don't know whether my pc is worth upgrading or if i should just buy a new better one.
I've made a few additions to it so far, trying to make it the best gaming computer it can possibly be.

It's a Gateway DX4200-UB001A

AMD 9550 Quad-Core processor
6 GB Ram / 8 GB Max
Radeon 4850 HD video card
640 GB Hard Drive

Anyone have any ideas on what to get to make it better or if it's even worth it?

Actually, you are in pretty good shape. The only things you could really do would be to upgrade the CPU, upgrade the graphics card, and/or upgrade to Windows 7.

Searching around I found several who have upgraded theirs to a Phenom II 965 X4 without a problem.

I am guessing you upgraded your power supply to run the 4850 since the original is only 300W. Your PSU will be the limiting factor for a new GFX card, or you could upgrade that, too.

Windows 7 is worth upgrading. You could go with a fomat and install or upgrade Vista to &. I have done both and both worked fine. Upgrading in place won't erase your stuff unless something goes horribly wrong.

Alright cool.
I didn't figure there were a ton of things i could do with it.
Just got a job at nco, so i'll be having a little extra spending money so thought i'd check and see what all i could do with it.

thanks, i'll work with that and see how it goes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom