Which Gateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ev0014

Solid State Member
Well, I've been looking at best buy and have been looking at a couple of gateway desktops. Now just so you'd know I'd prefer to build my own, but am right now looking to simply buy something to use for a couple year while I finish college, and maybe some slight gaming. Anyway, between these two, which in your opinion, would be the better choice? Also, if you care to explain your reasoning, that'd be appreciated as well:) haha. Or if I should just buy a plasma tv instead and stick with my severely outdated laptop that barely runs mozilla, that's also an option:p Thanks in advance!

1. Gateway DX4640-UB101A Desktop with Intel&#174 Pentium® Dual-Core Processor E2200, 24" Monitor, Printer, Accessories
2. Gateway DX4200-UB001A Desktop with AMD Phenom™ Processor 9550, 22" LCD Monitor & 3-in-1 Printer

Even though AMD's quad cores arn't as good as Intel's I would go for choice number 2, a phenom 9550 will beat a E2200 and it is only $20 more.

Game wise, oh maybe FEAR or BF2 COD4, something along those lines.. doesn't even have to be max settings. I just know my laptop now can't even run the first battlefield anymore... it's depressing haha.

well, i would say get the first one only because the 24" for that price is amazing. 35g700 is right that the phenom will beat out the e2200 any day of the week, but for that 20 dollar difference, you get a monitor that is like 200 bucks more.. i would say get the first one, and pop a decent gfx card in it like a 3850/3870 for a little over 100 bucks.

so I ended up getting the quad core with the 24" monitor(it was an upgrade option I didn't see before). Still needs a better gfx card though haha. thanks for the input!

Can't argue with that, good choice. Just save up a little more cash for a decent gfx card and you've gotta nice rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom