gaming pc need help - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Techie

Old 02-14-2006, 06:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Lord Techie

just google for pc building guides. there are a few guides pinned on this forum as well. any difficulties just post a new thread with your troubles and there will always be someone here to help.

Visit my website -
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Old 02-14-2006, 02:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to neweyedeya18

sorry about the newegg comment ease up
Old 02-14-2006, 03:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Techie

Well it's just frustrating for all of us. Plus you just endup wasting your time when you post that.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Techie

Originally posted by neweyedeya18
BUD dont buy a pc from one of those builder sites, you will get screwed, prices are high, and i bought on and you can build a better pc for around the same price, first the ps on that case wouldnt be sufficient to run SLi, you def want to upgrade that vid card, i have a msi 6200 256mb and it wasn't great, so i bought a 7800gt. i wouldnt run sli anyways because its so bloody pricey and at most only a like a 10-30% increase in quality at least a 200% increase in price. if u want a 6200 build this pc and ill sell u mine cheap, im not going to use it.
this is definately a decent set up w/o vid card because i dont know how much u want to spend, but i wish i just built my pc it would kick. and if u want to go cheap go for it, but these parts i know are definately good

79 $

some good recommendations but no video card
Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester @ 2.2GHz ... Biostar TForce4SLI 939 ... 2GB (1GB X 2) XMS Corsair DDR400 ... PNY 9600GSO 768MB ... 2X 7200.2 Seagate Barracuda 160GB ... Cooler Master Centurion 5 ATX ... Antec TruePower Trio 550W ... Windows Vista 32-bit Premium ... Acer H213H 21.5" 1920X1080
Old 02-15-2006, 03:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Putting a PC together is a lot easier than most people first think, just ask anyone in here who has done it.

I would never buy a ready made PC from anywhere unless it was from a friend who had just brought a new one.

You would be much better off buying all the parts you need and putting it together yourself. are a good place to buy from, so are

If you know exactly what parts you want, then its all about getting them parts for the cheapest price. try ebay for some last minute bargains on hardware.

When you have all the parts you need check out
for advise on how to put it all together.

Ask some of your friends if they know anything about how to put a PC together, you might be surprised.

Closed Thread