Gaming PC for cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis2262

Baseband Member
Anyone know where I can get a computer for less then 1,000 yet be able to handle games like FEAR or Battlefield 2?

I'd say custom build- it's easier to know what your games can handle when you're familiar with what's in it.

I'm completely upgrading my computer for about $700.
If you get slightly less high-end parts and get a processor and case and stuff your price should be around there.

NEWEGG.COM OWNS!!!

noobzor said:
I'd say custom build- it's easier to know what your games can handle when you're familiar with what's in it.

I'm completely upgrading my computer for about $700.
If you get slightly less high-end parts and get a processor and case and stuff your price should be around there.

NEWEGG.COM OWNS!!!
Upgrading my PC would mean that i would have to have one..i only have a laptop and Trotter already told me that theres no way i will be able to play games on it so thats why i need a whole PC..not just an upgrade

still use newegg. Just built my friend a nice starting machine for 600, Name Brand everything from new egg

Newegg.com and frozencpu.com

I'm in the same boat as you about building a gaming PC for under 1k. Things that will make a diffrence is, do you already have a copy of windows? Do you have a keyboard/mouse lying around. If not you can still build a good system, but keep it mind.

If you want I'd be happy to post my latest want/build, but I'm new to this and don't want to send you in the wrong direction.

daytonoh said:
I'm in the same boat as you about building a gaming PC for under 1k. Things that will make a diffrence is, do you already have a copy of windows? Do you have a keyboard/mouse lying around. If not you can still build a good system, but keep it mind.

If you want I'd be happy to post my latest want/build, but I'm new to this and don't want to send you in the wrong direction.
Probably a stupid question but i dont care, i dont know that much about computer other then how the use the internet and everything like that. If i "build" a computer off newegg or whatever how would it be put together?...I sure dont know how and i dunno if they do it or not..

yeah just put a couple of things in your cart, and your off

MSI K8N NEO4-F
Corsair valueselect 1GB
eVGA 6800GS
Seagate however big sata150 hdd
Thermaltake soprano case
antec truepower 550W power supply

I doubt newegg will assemble the system. I never thought of it, you may want to call Toll Free: (800)390-1119 and ask them.

From what I understand it isn't too difficult to build a system, It just takes a little patience and reading. If you have computer junkie friend ask for help. I'm going about it this way. Asking everyone and their brother for a little help.

If you really don't want to build one yourself, I would try a local computer place and get some quotes. I probably wouldn't hit a big box store, but maybee someplace like PCClub, or a local place. Tell them what you want to do and have them give you a price and list. Then come here and see what people think.

So basically all i would have to do is connect all the pieces together and put in a case?..No way i would be able to understand or do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom