Gaming PC Build w/ Budget ~$700

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanktastic

Solid State Member
Hi, I've had my Dell XPS 420 for about 5 years now, and I'm really looking to upgrade. Through the past week of research I've found that I definitely want the 560(Ti) GPU and I guess I'm just trying to build my new setup around that.

If someone could help me setup a decently priced computer here, that'd be great. I'm looking for about 8gigs of RAM, and I don't need keyboard/mouse nor do I need a monitor, but I do need OS because I have Vista still. I'm not looking to spend more than $700 if possible.

Hopefully with this, someone could help me out, thank you very much.

Trying to look up your comp specs is a bit challenging.
Many websites seem to contradict eachother slightly, but for anyone else.
These are the specs I believe are accurate
Dell XPS 420 specs - gdgt
You could reuse your hard drive in your new build, but that's about it.

I didn't even think about putting my specs up because I'm pretty sure nothing is really re-usable. But, I can tell you what I know about it off memory.
Intel Quad Core Q6600 (2.4 MHz)
3GB of RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX
325 W PSU

Thank you very much, I'll definitely be looking into that build you linked me. Hopefully those package deals stay for a little while longer, can't quite get everything at the moment.

Might be a stupid question, but does that RAM say its designed for specific motherboards? Or is it just saying it can fit into those as well as any other?

Any RAM can fit any board, rather Intel or AMD. The only thing you have to worry about is the type (DDR, DDR2, DDR3) and it's rpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom