Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDMAS

Solid State Member
Hey guys, ive recently decided to build a new gaming PC for games such as:

COD4
Warhammer online

Im looking for a pc build in the range of $1000-1500, if needed i may be able to go over this budget.

My current hardware consists of:

Intel pentium 4 CPU 2.66 GHZ

Asus P4S533MX mobo

nVidia Geforce 6600

80 gig HDD

250 watt seasonic PSU

Ive been using this pc build for around 4 years and its time to upgrade. Im looking for a build to blow this out of the water.

Ive done some research on what to buy but im new to this and its all pretty overwhelming.

What brand names should i stick to when putting together a gaming pc?

What parts would you recommend buying for a budget of $1000-15000

Cheers!

Cheers for the reply mate.

From what ive read about crossfiring, is it really worth that extra dosh for another card for 50 % increase in performance?

Do you personally crossfire, is the performance enhancement worth that extra cash?

well it depends, a single 4870 should do fine for what u want to do, but if u want to start benchmarking the performance is nice but if u just want to game, save the cash and get a single card

and no i dont use crossfire but i use nvidia's equivalent calleds SLI because i have a nvidia motherboard and gfx cards

Crossfire/sli doesn't offer a 50% performance increase, it usually only scales on high resolutions.

Stay with a single 4870 and stalins build.

Cheers for all the info

Ill check out and hopefully purchage the hardware once i can get onto newegg.

Is anyone else having trouble getting onto newegg?

How bout the Antec 300?

OT: I think everyone has the exact same idea of the perfect build because i would have posted the exact same.

I think he should go with the 1200 with all that hardware, plus I'm sure he will wanna upgrade cooling (water or more fans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom