Gaming laptops for cheap? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Smile Gaming laptops for cheap?

I already have a really nice machine a got about a year ago from MSI, sort of a bad quality screen that's needed fixing, but all in all a nice rig.

I'm sort of curios though, seeing all the lovely + tiny laptops around now, anyone have some good suggestions for something small, cheap and that does mildly good for gaming?

Expectations are certainly abit... Unrealistic, but I am interested to see what comes up! Price is definitely a factor in my decision, keep in mind.

Thanks very much for your help!

Old 01-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Gaming laptops for cheap?

Lets shoot for something IMPOSSIBLE; $600 or under and can play L4D, might aswell aim high!

Old 01-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

For gamining, just build a desktop. It will perform better and you will pay only a fraction of the cost. Plus laptops are almost impossible to upgrade. Video Cards, I mean. Not RAM.

My advice is get a cheap laptop/netbook for mobility, and build yourself a nice desktop for your games. You will spend much less money doing that than you would buying a "gaming laptop"
Old 01-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake91839 View Post
For gamining, just build a desktop. It will perform better and you will pay only a fraction of the cost. Plus laptops are almost impossible to upgrade. Video Cards, I mean. Not RAM.

My advice is get a cheap laptop/netbook for mobility, and build yourself a nice desktop for your games. You will spend much less money doing that than you would buying a "gaming laptop"
Was looking at the MSI netbook, very sweet looking.

Hmmm, a possibility for sure.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie

Yes, I am a big fan of netbooks. Please excuse my spelling on my previous post :P

I pity those who spend thousands of dollars on a laptop. IMO it is just not worth it. I use my EEEPC for everything mobile, and just that. It does exactly what I need it to do, and is very cheap as well.

Chances are when you're going to play intensive games, you will be able to access your desktop anyway. However this is not the same for everybody.

But if you go the route I suggested I feel you will be much happier with what your money can buy you.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake91839 View Post
Yes, I am a big fan of netbooks. Please excuse my spelling on my previous post :P

I pity those who spend thousands of dollars on a laptop. IMO it is just not worth it. I use my EEEPC for everything mobile, and just that. It does exactly what I need it to do, and is very cheap as well.

Chances are when you're going to play intensive games, you will be able to access your desktop anyway. However this is not the same for everybody.

But if you go the route I suggested I feel you will be much happier with what your money can buy you.

I'm totally conservative with my economics, was sort of curios if anyone could beat this MSI I've got, dude, 850 and I'm playing left 4 dead, tf2, c&c 3, warhammer online, everything without a single stutter or pause. Such a good company these guys are running...

Yeah, would never spend so much on a laptop, scared it would break.

I'm really looking into the netbook, hmmm. Long as I can fiddle with some time wasters on newgrounds all is good.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

agreed

Closed Thread