gaming labtop

Status
Not open for further replies.

twistedreeper

Beta member
I don't know much about upgrading compupters at all. I use my laptop for gaming and can play some pretty powerful games like half-life 2. but it can't play most of the games that are coming out now.

My graphic card is a nvidia g-force4 440 go 64m and i 512mb of ram. I want to buy a new graphic card i that will be able to handle these games.
balltle field 2

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

* Windows XP (32-bit) with Admin rights
* 1.7 GHz Intel Celeron D / Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP/ Sempron or greater
* 512 MB of RAM or more
* 8x or faster CD/DVD drive
* 2.3 GB free hard drive space or more
* Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible (see video)
* Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible (Sound Blaster X-Fi series recommended )

VIDEO
Video card must have 128 MB or more memory and one of the following chipsets:

* NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or greater
* ATI Radeon 8500 or greater
and

F.E.A.R http://www.whatisfear.com/us/

what would i need to upgrade to play these games

well, if you're trying to upgrade your laptop, dream on. It's time for a desktop build. Laptops are in now way as capable at gaming as a desktop machine. Even when they make a big breakthrough for laptop technology, the desktop market strides ahead twice.

Ryan

I will most likley buy a desktop soorner or later but for now i'm just going to keep my laptop untill I have money to buy a good desktop.

I still want to buy a new graphics card though. I don't think I would be able to play the games I listed but i think i will be able to play everquest 2. wanted to try and play the demo and i got this message

this machine appears to below minums and equ2 will not operate.
{textrue units 2< 4}
{pixiel shader version 0x000<0x0101}

what is the cheapest graphics card that I can buy that has those

sorry, nothing personal... I hope I don't come across as a prissy old man. I just see everyone in college have one. They invent uses that they need for mobility. If you wear a suit and tie and travel, a laptop is for you. They're not made to game and have fun on. They're tools.

Ryan

There's a small chance your lappy is upgradeable. Certain laptops (some Dells for ex.) do have upgradeable graphics and even processors to some extent. Can you post the manufacturer and model number? I'd be happy to look into it for you.

I guess i'm going to buy a desktop when I have money.

I like a lot of the alienware desktops and I wantec to know the best alienware desktop model or what is the best build i can get for under $1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom