Gaming comp specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumbumcloth

Beta member
Hi. I've been doing some research now on gaming computers and I've come across a site "Build your own gaming rig for under 500"

Well I've gone with the Primary build:

CASE: Antec Sonata III w/ EarthWatts 500W ($142) CAD
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 2.5GHz ($87) CAD <CAD>
MOTHERBOARD: MSI P6NGM-FD NVIDIA GeForce 7100 ($83) CAD (Canadian Dollars)
MEMORY: Corsair XMS2 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 ($62) CAD
VIDEO CARD: Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 512MB ($200) CAD
HARD DRIVE: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB ($70) CAD

Total Cost: $644.00 Excluding 15% tax on all items. (I hate Canada for that)

All other peripherals (mouse,keyboard,screen,DVD-rom) I have.

Now, I'm not too fond of the Motherboard and Ram I've heard I can get better for lower price.

To take into account, I'm trying to go a little under $600 cad.

if you guys would'nt mind in making a few suggestions i'd be most appreciative. Thank you in advance.

While it claims that its a "gaming build for $500" it will only be able to play any current games at low settings. Just a thought.

also you might want to spend a little more on the motherboard..a little bit more will go a longgg way and you'll be much happier. I'm not a huge fan of MSI as well.

you might look at something similar to
Newegg.ca - ASUS P5Q SE PLUS LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

while it's not micro ATX, it supports 1066 memory like this:
Newegg.ca - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

While it claims that its a "gaming build for $500" it will only be able to play any current games at low settings. Just a thought.

also you might want to spend a little more on the motherboard..a little bit more will go a longgg way and you'll be much happier. I'm not a huge fan of MSI as well.

you might look at something similar to
Newegg.ca - ASUS P5Q SE PLUS LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

while it's not micro ATX, it supports 1066 memory like this:
Newegg.ca - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Hi, again.

Are you sure i'd only be able to play the current games at lowest settings? some folks told me that the 4850 is even an "overkill" to the current games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom