fuzzy's computer upgrade (noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the specs were from the dell web site so they could be wrong and out dated. i had a look and the the processor is a Intel(R) Core(tm)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40.GHz, 4 core(s) 4 Logical processor(s)

i need a new PSU byr dont know what voltage yet
i will have a look at video cards today and the price range etc.
thanks for your help :thumbsup:

Yeah, you pulled the wrong info. There are several configurations for the 530.

Knowing that is indeed a quad core, you're better off.

I would suggest a 4850 video card, and a 400-450W power supply. That would run you roughly $150. And you'd have a decent gaming rig.

Yeah, you pulled the wrong info. There are several configurations for the 530.

Knowing that is indeed a quad core, you're better off.

I would suggest a 4850 video card, and a 400-450W power supply. That would run you roughly $150. And you'd have a decent gaming rig.

so i could get away with a not getting a new cpu then?

I'm definitely getting a new power supply i found a 480W for $55 and a 680W for $69 will they be all right?

I'm still looking at video cards ive found a Sapphire HD 4850 but not to shore of the price yet and a Nvida GT220 for $150.

I'm also looking at a Thermaltake Black Soprano case but haven't made a final decision yet.

will 4GB of ram be enuf?

so i could get away with a not getting a new cpu then?

I'm definitely getting a new power supply i found a 480W for $55 and a 680W for $69 will they be all right?

I'm still looking at video cards ive found a Sapphire HD 4850 but not to shore of the price yet and a Nvida GT220 for $150.

I'm also looking at a Thermaltake Black Soprano case but haven't made a final decision yet.

will 4GB of ram be enuf?

The power supply will depend on the amperage of the 12V rail(s). What are the make and models of them?

The GT220 is a crap card, someone's wantin' to cash in on you at that price. A 4670 can be had for $60 and beats the GT220. A 4850 is FAR faster than a 4670 and can be had for $100.

4GB should be more than enough ram. I use 4GB.

The power supply will depend on the amperage of the 12V rail(s). What are the make and models of them?

The GT220 is a crap card, someone's wantin' to cash in on you at that price. A 4670 can be had for $60 and beats the GT220. A 4850 is FAR faster than a 4670 and can be had for $100.

4GB should be more than enough ram. I use 4GB.

sweet i thought the guy in the shop was a dick head. i will have a look at some more video cards

i found some more corect info my video card is ATI Radeon HD 2400 PR whitch i will be getting rid of. i have a Foxconn DG33M03 Motherboard.
the case i am getting is a thermaltake v9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom