fuzzy's computer upgrade (noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzy2308

Solid State Member
i want to upgrade it so i have better graphics and better cooling system etc and so i can play games better.
i pretty much want to start with the case and go from there so any help would be great cause ive never done this before

this is my curent set up.

its a dell insperon 530

• Case
• ugly white and silver case from dell painted black inside and out
• big *** fan at the back i had to cut and file **** away to get it in there. also did the same with the front .

• Processor
• Intel Celeron quad core 450 / 2.2 GHz

• Mainboard
• Chipset type Intel G33 Express
• Data bus speed 800.0 MHz

• RAM
• Installed Size 4.0 GB (max)
• Technology DDR2 SDRAM
• Memory Speed 667.0 MHz
• Memory Specification Compliance PC2-5300
• Form Factor DIMM 240-pin
• Features Dual channel memory architecture
• Configuration Features 2 x 512 MB

• Storage Controller
• Type 1.0 x Serial ATA - Integrated
• Controller interface type Serial ATA-300
• Storage controller interface channel qty 4.0
• RAID level RAID 1

• Storage
• Hard Drive 1.0 x 500.0 GB - Standard - Serial ATA-300 - 7200.0 rpm
• Hard Drive (2nd) 1.0 x 1TB

• Graphics Controller
• Type Integrated
• Graphics Processor / Vendor Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0
• Max Allocated RAM Size 224.0 MB

• Audio Output
• Type Sound card - Integrated
• Sound output mode 7.1 channel surround
• Audio output compliant standards High Definition Audio

• Power
• Device Type Power supply
• Power AC 120/230 V
• Power Provided 300.0 Watt

• OS Provided Microsoft Windows Vista Home

and lame *** case

*edit*
im also looking at this case XClio what do you think

well i def recommend a new case lol but you can reuse everything pretty much just pick a video card you want to get thats in ur price range, pick up a power supply and i would recommened you get a cheap sound card as well. integrated audio can decrease peformance it might not be noticable but you can pick up a sound card cheap nowdays. the case will be a upgrade with better cooling so if you like the style i say go for it.

That Celeron is not a quadcore. Don't know where you got hat from... You'll need to update the CPU to either a dual or quad core to be able to play newer games. Most likely a quad if it's newer games you're after.

You're looking at **** near a complete internal upgrade.

Notable upgrade parts needed for a decent gaming PC :

CPU
Motherboard
RAM
Video Card
Most likely a new PSU

You DO NOT need an external sound card. The onboard on most newer boards is perfectly fine, and you have no reason to spend the extra money, on something that's not going to affect the performance of a game.

Now, depending on your budget, we can help you get the ball rolling on a decent gaming PC. The case is fine, but that should be the last of your worries, if you're wanting to game more on your PC.

That Celeron is not a quadcore. Don't know where you got hat from... You'll need to update the CPU to either a dual or quad core to be able to play newer games. Most likely a quad if it's newer games you're after.

CPU
Motherboard
RAM
Video Card
Most likely a new PSU

You DO NOT need an external sound card. The onboard on most newer boards is perfectly fine, and you have no reason to spend the extra money, on something that's not going to affect the performance of a game.

Now, depending on your budget, we can help you get the ball rolling on a decent gaming PC. The case is fine, but that should be the last of your worries, if you're wanting to game more on your PC.

Integrated audio dosent affect computer peformanec in any kinda way? Yea I think you might of been wishing it was a quad, thats a complete overhaul than.

Integrated audio dosent affect computer peformanec in any kinda way? Yea I think you might of been wishing it was a quad, thats a complete overhaul than.

It does affect it, but not enough to drastically decrease performance in a game. If someone is worried about the performance of a game, don't look into spending $20-$80 on a sound card, put that money to better use into a better GPU which would improve the performance a lot more than a sound card.

A decent GPU and sound card < a faster GPU and onboard

well i def recommend a new case lol but you can reuse everything pretty much just pick a video card you want to get thats in ur price range, pick up a power supply and i would recommened you get a cheap sound card as well. integrated audio can decrease peformance it might not be noticable but you can pick up a sound card cheap nowdays. the case will be a upgrade with better cooling so if you like the style i say go for it.

thank for your help. i can get a decent sound card for $30 so i might look into doing that some time down the track

CPU
Motherboard
RAM
Video Card
Most likely a new PSU

the specs were from the dell web site so they could be wrong and out dated. i had a look and the the processor is a Intel(R) Core(tm)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40.GHz, 4 core(s) 4 Logical processor(s)

i need a new PSU byr dont know what voltage yet
i will have a look at video cards today and the price range etc.
thanks for your help :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom