fsb specs motherboard and cpu don't match

Status
Not open for further replies.

darsunt

In Runtime
I have a asus motherboard whose lowest fsb rating is 1066. I have an intel cpu with a freeside board rating of 800MHz

How much of a problem is this mismatch? Can it cause serious problems? Had had previously assumed it might just slow the computer down a bit.

1066 isn't the lowest the board supports... it probably said 1333/1066 in the description right? that's because that was the newest standards, and it will still support 800mhz FSB ones (like the CPU you inserted into it)

Its just that you used an 800mhz FSB CPU like an Allendale or Lower-end Wolfdale... and its not even a problem

If what I said isn't true about you using an 800mhz FSB CPU, post a picture of your CPU-Z (its a program)

No you misunderstood, it is the CPU's fault..

Its because you bought an 800mhz FSB CPU and put it in a 1066/1333FSB board

The board is rated 1333/1066.The cpu is a core duo e4300 allendale fsb 800.

I've been reinstalling the op system and trying all sorts of things, different drivers, different cards. But it always has problems with serious internet work and sometime the virus program.

I suppose I could swap out the cpu and try another. I have a wolfdale I think the fsb is 1333. I'll have to get some of that darn thermal paste.

The board is rated 1333/1066 meaning it'll will SUPPORT those new FSB standards, it still WORKS with your 800mhz Allendale

It doesn't affect anything, and its NOT a problem

If it really bothers you, OC the Allendale...

Yea dude, it's fine. If motherboard supports up to 1333 FSB, doesn't mean your processor has to run at that speed.

Good. Swapping a cpu would be a big pain.

I'll probably swap out the hard drive then (I've tried almost everything else). Also get a different op system to try (****!) and check the power connectors, maybe a different optical drive, cause I really used the one in there a lot. I think that's all that's left to try. Then I'll flash the bios as a last resort.

I upgraded the bios because I thought I might put a wolfdale in there. But asus still lists that bios as 'beta' which doesn't sound good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom