Fresh windows install question

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
My buddy has had some problems with his PC, so we want to do a completely fresh windows install on a totally clean SSD. For me to wipe his previous SSD, can I just throw it in my PC, format it, and then install windows 10 as you normally would back in his PC?

We want to do a fresh install because we believe he somehow corrupeted windows and has some sort of quasi windows 7 and 10 installed. His computer boots, but then after the motherboard screen it goes to a black screen. We have tried every setting in the BIOS and nothing is seeming to work so I'd like to just try a new install with a fresh copy.

Thanks in advance.

You can format the drive directly from the Windows install if you select to do a custom install, it'll then take you to the drive selection screen. You can create or delete partitions, format..etc. Then select your partition and click to start the actual Windows install.

You can also download the latest W10 ISO from MS then use a free, portable app called RUFUS which will put that ISO onto a USB...then you can just install from that USB if you wish. Just be sure to select Custom install.

Back
Top Bottom