fps ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omar, in my opinion, that thing is a very bad idea. Sure you can get the am2 when it comes out... but guess what :( I wouldnt risk putting a card that size in a pci-e slot PLUS the weight of a HSF or even a HS. way too much weight on that little of a surface.. i wouldnt do it..

N0toriou5 said:
what exactly does that "thing" do?

it's quite simple really... right now, that motherboard is a s939 board. Eventually, s939 will be replaced by much more efficient socket, that being the AM2 Socket. AS Rock has prepared this S939 board so that when AM2 comes out, you don't have to buy a new motherboard, but just that attachement which will be cheaper and you will have AM2 compatability.

Now Static_11, you're probably right, but you know what, companies should build their products so as to avoid those kind of problems. I'm sure it'll be fine, and if it isn't, AS Rock will have to answer to me and probably many other clients that have bought that, and we can easily make enough noise to make them compensate us for any damages that might occur from that attachement being too heavy.

ok so let me get this straight. this mobo has an open agp and a pci-e slot? also, what processor would you recomend? i was looking at teh 3500+. how would this compare to intel? or should i go with the $100 more expensive 3700+?

N0toriou5 said:
ok so let me get this straight. this mobo has an open agp and a pci-e slot? also, what processor would you recomend? i was looking at teh 3500+. how would this compare to intel? or should i go with the $100 more expensive 3700+?

Why does it have to be from CBiT? If it's because you want a Canadian site, NCIX.com is much better.

As for the CPU, if you really can spend the $360, go with an Opteron 165. It has dual core benefits, 2MB (1MB/core) of L2 Cache and good overclockability (apparently you can bring it to 2.5 Ghz (from 1.8) easily with stock cooler and without having to increase the voltage. Now, on NCIX, the price difference between the 3500 and the 3700, currently is only $15. So if you don't want to buy the Opteron 165, then go for the 3700+ ($259.30 @ NCIX). But the Opty 165 is such a great value, considering that for $360 you can overclock it to the speed of an unoverclocked FX-60 (Which is a bit more than $1200!) oh and as for Intel vs AMD, just Google it up. It's pretty well accepted that an AMD processor for gaming can blow any of it's Intel counterparts out of the water.

N0toriou5 said:
so how many intel ghz would a 3700+ process?

Forget Ghz MAN! You oughta look at benchmarks. Clock speeds mean NOTHING if your core archtecture sucks balls.

Here man, a Athlon 64 3700+ (clocked @ 2.2 Ghz and has 1mb L2 cache) plus costs $260 CND. The P4 monitary class equivalent is the P4 640 (clocked @ 3.2 Ghz and has 2mb L2 cache), which costs $264.

These are the different benchmarks. Whenever the value is time, the less time is obviously better.

The Athlon 64 and the P4 that I mentioned above for comparison are the red bars. The 3700+ kicks the 640's butt, even when on paper, the P4 seems to be better (higher clocking and double the L2 cache!) Goes to show how bad Intel cpus can be.

3DMark05 CPU Test

Just go to that link under the caption "Choose Benchmarks" to choose different benchmark tests and you'll see that in most benchmarks, the 3700+ pulls through as the better processor. You'll notice that it's a lot stronger for games.

N0toriou5 said:
reply plz

Hey man, I've got a life too you know ;) Feelings, knowledge, friends family, school, lovers that need pleasing.. I can't be kooked up all alone in my room for hours replying to posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom