found a computer ... questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttoadish

Baseband Member
right, i've found this pc on novatech. Its seems a pretty good deal considering the graphics card is dx10 , should last me awhile. I know some of you will cry that i can build my own for less but its within my budget and i don't think the family would understand if it all went wrong.

https://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/pcrange.html?ISM

1) The motherboard they mention in their catalouge is a "intel 946gz chipset micro ATX motherboard" on the website it says the motherboard can only support 2gb of ram. I sent them an email and they confirmed this. The reason i asked was because i've searched the motherboard in google and found that it can support 4gb?

Newegg.com - Intel BOXD946GZISSL LGA 775 Intel 946GZ Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

In the email from novatech they said that it had two memory slots and a maximum of 2gb of ram. Now at the moment i think i'm correct in saying there isn't a single stick of 2gb ram that could be doubled up to make 4gb. But when there is, would this motherboard support 4gb (2x2gb)? Do you think they said 2gb maximum meaning it can only fit 2x1gb sticks. Hopefully being the learned tech gurus that you so obviously are, could you help sort this out for me.

If you have a look at the first link there are two deals, im interested in the cheaper one. It comes with the same components apart from processor , graphics card and hard disk space.

The processor is an E400 instead of a E600, i've heard that the E400 isn't a bad option and can possibly be over clocked?

The graphics card is a "nVidia 8600GT 256MB PCI-E Graphics" instead of a "nVidia 8600GT 256MB PCI-E Graphics". I understand both still have dx10 compatibility. Will i see a huge drop in graphics output going with the GT or is it worth the extra £70 for the GTS?

Wow thats pretty long, hope you're all still with me.
Thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom