Formatting! doest it really affect ur laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deetech

Solid State Member
My boyfren's laptop is in the worst condition. He keep on formatting he's laptop its like 3 or 4 times in a month. Does it really affect his laptop or any laptop if we keep on formatting it???
He's been using the laptop for 2 years already.

It shouldn't have any negative affects on the hardware, but if he feels the need to format it, he may have some problem. :p lol, jk. You shouldn't need to format unless you are changing your OS or have like a ton of viruses/spyware that you cannot get rid of. Is there any reason for his formatting? Or is he just paranoid? :p

formatting wont do anything to the computer, but if you don't need to ,it's a huge waste of time. I've only had to reformat once in the last 4 years.

,it's a huge waste of time. I've only had to reformat once in the last 4 years.
Computers get cluttered, even without spyware it's good to format it a helI of a lot more often than once every 4 years. I format mine every few months because I install and uninstall a lot of programs and also download a lot so the things just get cluttered.

The only real pain for him would be making sure that he reloaded all of his drivers, including mobo and chipset drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom