Fixing a friend's computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Atech66 splicing idea, Do you have any other computers laying aroud to see what connection is right for that motherboard? I haven't been able to find this answer looking at the mb specs. Bottom line, if you are sure the mb's working, is if you want a regular ol' computer power on button ur gonna have to find the right plug-in for the mb. Need some other tech-help here but sound to me like mb is haveing issues.
Honestly sometimes it just feels like the world is working against you.
Been there. and seeing you getting exited to help a friend with his computer and haveing a wonderful tech-forum to research problems and get answers is a beautiful thing.

I only have a another of the old dell cases but he has a newer emachines and a newish dell. They're both perfectly fine (miniATX) cases though, it'd be a shame to ruin one.... oh well. I think one starts up with 3 wires with each wire having a connector that has 2 umm plugs/slots/holes. I'm not sure if that would work for this but I suspect it might. I asked my dad and he said he has wire stripping and splicing tools.

Like I said I just feel like an idiot ruining a good nice case to fix a crappy old one x_x. After all a new case is only like $25-40. At the same time I'd rather not make them spend that much it's already cost more than I wanted. Honestly sometimes it just feels like the world is working against you. That is, if I have you right on this. Are you suggesting I splice a different cover's connector to this one? I'm way to tired to be thinking about this so late v_V. Not to mention all the technical jargon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom