First time ever building a PC will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightyWhitey

Solid State Member
I needed to get a new Gaming PC for the past 5 years so since my last one just died on me I think its time for a new one.

so everything you dont see on this I believe I already have. like Hard drive and CD rom/dvd burning drives. (the cd roms and burner are pretty old tho but they still work)

Case - Newegg.com - Rosewill Wind Knight Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with pre-installed 2x 120mm Fan, Support up to 1x 140mm top fan, 2x 140mm side fan, 1x 140mm front fan, 1x 120mm rear fan

Motherboard- Newegg.com - MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

GFXc- Newegg.com - MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

PSU- Newegg.com - COOLMAX CUL-750B 750W ATX 12V V2.3 Modular Power Supply

Memory- Newegg.com - A-DATA Gaming Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model AX3U1600GB2G9-3G

CPU- Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX

Heatsink- Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler

ive picked out the fans for the case and all that.

so Im open to your opinions. just say what you see wrong with it and possibly what i could do to correct it thank you :thumbsup:

thanks for pointing out that graphics card this is the one that i was looking at

GFXc- Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100297L Radeon HD 5830 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ ATI Eyefinity Technology

and im thinking of this power supply. just in case i need the extra Watts for another graphics card later on. would that power supply work with the 2 graphics card once i buy another one?

PSU- Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply

The Antec will sorta work. It only has 2 pci-e plugs, but will be enough power the 5830, and a 2nd one... with adapters for the pci-es.

I thinkj 700 and above start adding 4 pci-e plugs.

thank you very much for helping me!! i think im good but if i have anymore questions ill post them! and again thank you very very much! :)

so does dual channel ram mean, that if i buy the amd processor that it can only handle 2x2gb sticks of ram? because im curious if i could get this 3x2gb dual channel ram and put it in there with this new processor?

RAM - Newegg.com - Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 998947

or should i just stick with the 4gigs?

CPU - Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

and im also wondering that if the motherboard i have when it says 1600 (OC) does that mean in order for the ram to work i need to overclock the system?

Newegg.com - MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

so...
should i get rid of the ram and get a lower amount of RAM?
should i pick out another motherboard?

because im looking for the best gaming experience i can afford at this moment and that's the hard part. because i can only spend max $850 USD.

The CPU has a dual channel memory controller so you want to buy memory in sets of (2), as in, (2x1GB, 2x2GB or 2x4GB). However, you can also pair up the slots and run 2x(2x1GB), 2x(2x2GB) or 2x(2x4GB).

A (3x2GB) kit is designed for a CPU with a Triple Channel Memory Controller which is an Intel only feature at the moment (i7 900 series cpu). If you try to use a (3x2GB) kit with a AMD system you will end up operating in single channel mode because of a misconfiguration.

When your running 1600MHz memory your overclocking the Memory Controller, more or less. In todays modern world most people don't actually consider this "overclocking" thou in all reality it is. Most modern systems can handle this task with no problems but sometimes a few adjustments will need to be made for stable operation.

wow! lol i wouldnt even have known this. so thank you very much for the help!!!! im going to change some stuff out now haha thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom