First time builder/Revising build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iishy

Solid State Member
My dad recently won some money from gambling and I want to use the money that he won right away before he just gambles it off again so I decided on a computer.

Newegg.com - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe LightScribe Support - C

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - Acer H213H bmid Black 21.5" 5ms HDMI Full HD 1080P Widescreen 16:9 LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ACM 20000:1 Built-in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100277L Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

This is what I have chosen for now. Total = $996.26 After tax and shipping.

I will mainly use this computer for the more modern games such as CODMW2, UT, watching movies, browsing on line, and torrent.

My question

I plan on adding another 4770 down the road. Is that a good idea with my computer parts?

Any tips/tricks/suggestions to first time builders? I generally pretty good knowledge about building a computer but, still kind of nervous in building one.

I am fully open to suggestions. If you think there is a better build for around the same price I'd be glad to try it.

I see you like AMD . . . . I don't, I'm a Hardcore Intel Guy but i set up a VERY VERY GOOD Core i7 Custom Build for you, It has it ALL, Vista Ultimate OS with a Windows 7 Upgrade

Cool Master Sileo Case

Lite-On Black 22x DVD Burner SATA

Western Digital Scorpio Black 500GB HDD

OCZ 850 Watt

MSI Mobo

Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz

Coller Master V8 Heat Sink

EVGA GeForce GTX 260

G.SKILL 6 GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1333 PC3 10666

Windows Vista Ultimate WITH Windows 7 Upgrade

Acer H233H 23" LCD, I run this monitor and love it!

This is a bit out of the Price Range but it will add up in the long run, plus in your build you did not have a processor witch would have added about $200 more and it would have been slower then this and for only a couple hundred more you will have the latest and most up to date computer that will last you YEARS and will need nothing but more Vid cards in the future

Subtotal: $1,519.89

Admins and fellow Techies please look this over and see if there needs to be any changes, looks as isshy is looking for a GAMER!!! lol

Good Luck and I hope this will help you out

Oh yeah the tips:

STATIC STRAP!!!! ALWAYS WEAR ONE WHEN DOING A FIRST TIME BUILD!!!! sorry for the CAPS but its a necessity when stressing an important subject as ESD (Electrostatic Discharge)

When tinkering in any computer always remember to ground yourself with a static strap connected to the case and your wrist or if one is not accessible at the moment before reaching in to a computers make sure the power supply is unplugged from the wall and that you grab an edge of the case to discharge yourself and if at all possible keep a hand or forearm always touching the case

Wood surfaces or concrete below your feet, rubber sole shoes, avoid carpet or fabrics when laying out parts, never touch ANY connector pins, grab cards by the edges or anything other then the board itself

Research ways to installing parts (ASK US)

a good small tech computer set would be good to invest in if you plan on continuing to build computers or work on them

Good Starter Tool Kit

MY Tool Kit!
PlUS a $150 Fluke Multi-Meter, a Blue tooth USB adapter, and a wireless N Draft USB adapter, working in a computer shop this is a survival kit lol

Good Luck again

I'm not a really a fan of any company it's just which ever fits my needs. :D

I would definetly go for i7 if i could but, unfortunately i can't afford it.

-SNIP-

but another good build for a bit cheaper would be a Quad Core Q9550, little less ram, still a good board, with OS and all for about $900, include monitor would be about $1100

would be nice to get a total price range from you =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom