first time builder need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicboy

Baseband Member
I'm new to this and don't know about things. I don't know if this is all compatable. I just need a computer for burning, downloading, browsing the web. I sometimes run a couple of things at once so needs to cope. I don't realy play pc games just the xbox so doesn't need to be able to play all the best games. I just want a fast good computer for around 400 pound. If there are any better parts or cheaper and the same please say. Thanks.

case and psu- Galaxy Black Mid Tower Case with Blue Bubble Light LED Strip - 450W PSU - Ebuyer - Galaxy Black Mid Tower Case with Blue Bubble Light LED Strip - 450W PSU
motherboard - ASUS P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Socket 775 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard - Ebuyer - ASUS P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Socket 775 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard
graphics card - Asus 9500GT 1GB DDR2 DVI VGA HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer - Asus 9500GT 1GB DDR2 DVI VGA HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card
hdd - Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - OEM - Ebuyer -samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache
ram - Kingston 1GB DDR3 1066MHz i5 Memory Module CL7 1.5V - Ebuyer -Kingston 1GB DDR3 1066MHz i5 Memory Module CL7 1.5V x2
os - windows 7 home premium
cpu - Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 Socket 775 2.2GHz 800FSB Retail Boxed Processor - Ebuyer - Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 Socket 775 2.2GHz 800FSB Retail Boxed Processor
dvd drive- Sony AD-7240S 24x DVDRW DL & RAM Internal SATA Black Bare Drive - OEM - Ebuyer - Sony AD-7240S 24x DVD±RW DL & RAM Internal SATA Black Bare Drive - OEM
memory card reader - Enlight Internal 3.5" 15-in-1 Card Reader with Sim Card Reader - Ebuyer - Enlight Internal 3.5" 15-in-1 Card Reader with Sim Card Reader
usb ports -http://www.ebuyer.com/product/60608 - Plexus High Speed USB2.0 Firewire Combo PCI Card 2 X USB Ports 7 2 x ports

these total £291 inc.vat. + shipping, but i didnt include a case. you can add in the same one you picked if you want, just replace the power supply it comes with the one i listed below because sometimes psus that come with cases are crap. or if you want some other case suggestions, just ask.

AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz AM3 Retail Boxed Processor - Ebuyer
Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H 785G Socket AM2+ VGA DVI HDMI Out 8 Channel Audio MATX Motherboard - Ebuyer
Kingston 2gb Kit (2x1gb) Ddr2 800mhz/pc2-6400 Hyperx Memory Non-ecc Low-latency Cl4 - Ebuyer
Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - OEM - Ebuyer
Sony AD-5240S 24x DVDRW DL Internal SATA Black Bare Drive - OEM - Ebuyer
Corsair 400W CX PSU - 12cm Fan 80Plus Certified Efficiency 6x SATA 1x PCI-E - Ebuyer

oh and adding in the card reader you picked would add another £10

for what you say youre gonna do, you dont really need a dedicated gfx card, the onboard video of the mobo i listed will work fine for you.

if you want to spend a little more, you can get 4gigs of ram instead of 2.
Crucial 4GB Kit (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL6 Lifetime Warranty - Ebuyer

I just took the dedicated gfx card just incase I ever needed it for anything like the odd game, also is the for a full size computer or a half computer. What cases could you recommend. I'm not the best at this. Is amd ok because I just picked intel as I thought they were more popular. thanks.

thats fine if you want a dedicated card.

if you do though, get this card instead. its much better than the 9500gt you picked for only £1 more.
ASUS HD 4670 512MB DDR3 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer

yes amd is "ok", nothing to worry about :p. in the lower price point and for your budget, they offer more performance for your money.

...also is the for a full size computer or a half computer. What cases could you recommend. I'm not the best at this.

can you clarify this? i think you left something out in your sentence.

i meen like is it the full atx or mini atx as i want room incase i ever need to expand or things and what case could you recomend, sorry if I sound stupid just a bit of a noob. Is there any good cases with glass sides. thanks. Your really helping here I don't have a clue

AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz AM3 Retail Boxed Processor 173368 136

ASUS M4A78 770 Socket AM2+ 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard

Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - OEM

Sony AD-5240S 24x DVD±RW DL Internal SATA Black Bare Drive - OEM 170014

Corsair 400W CX PSU - 12cm Fan 80Plus Certified Efficiency 6x SATA 1x PCI-E 150985

Crucial 4GB Kit (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL6

ASUS HD 4670 512MB DDR3 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card 181962

Galaxy Black Mid Tower Case with Blue Bubble Light LED Strip - 450W PSU

(click if you have changed any details) Cart total inc vat: Cart total ex vat: £390.14

Does that seem ok. Does the psu just pull out of the case or is it forced out, and is everything compatible and is there anything else i need.(apart from monitor, keyboard and mouse) btw i will be running windows 7 so where can i get it cheap.

eh yea, ive mentioned twice already that he should not use the psu that comes with the case and have suggested a corsair 400w to replace it with..

yes, the list is good and compatible.

the psu is just held onto the back of the case with 4 screws. all you need to do is take those out and the psu will come loose.

everything you need to get your pc up and running will come with the parts; all cables and such.

im not sure how cheap youre going to find windows 7 for.
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Licence and media - 1 PC - OEM - DVD - 64-bit - English - Ebuyer
if you get it elsewhere, just make sure its 64-bit so that you can utilize all 4gigs of your ram.

thanks for everything you've been a great help, but one more question (hopefully) it needs to be wireless so is it a wireless card or a usb adapter I buy. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom