First time builder need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
now i no ur not serious.motherboard must be f***** or cpu will have to send back i suppose.

I don't know if this applies, but I put my 2-pin HD led in the wrong way today and it didn't work, had to flip it the other way. Maybe you have one of the plugs in the wrong way...like the power switch..."POWER SW" on yours. I always have the fear that something like what's happening to you now will happen to me when I'm building a pc...just a pain to deal with since it could be a number of things.

Get out the manual that came with your mobo, and refer to the illustration as to what plug goes where.

you will be pleased to no i have found, the cause of the problem, the power supply is naff. tryed it on this computer and it did not work, so hopefully get a new 1 and all will be well.any suggestions on new 1?

Not saying your current PSU is bad, but newer vid cards require more power than your PSU puts out.

any recomendations to a new 1?would send the power supply back but that means, sending the case with it will just buy a new one.

It's best to buy cases that don't include PSUs because 99.9% of the time, the PSU they come with suck. Buy cases empty and then get a good name brand PSU. OCZs and Antecs are nice.

shes up and running bought a crap 550w power supply, and thats what was wrong all the time.now have on screen reboot and select proper boot device.insert blah blah blah press a key,will buy a decent power supply soon coz i know this one will brake.carnt beleive it actually works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom