first time builder.....maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

icedbad

Beta member
ok here goes i need help putting these computer parts together to make working computer
or at least to the point ill know it will work b4 i spend anymore money on
this ...oh and if you cant tell im trying this for my first time ...anyways this is what i have
i got pieces from a computer that felland the guy never even tried it b4 he stripped it

asus mobo m2n78-la i believe its asus
amd 9559 phenom quad core cpu
5gb ram
1x2gb 2rx8 pc2-6400u-666-12-e3
3x 1gb 2rx8 pc2-6400u-666-12-eo
500 gb wd hd not from original comp
48x32x48x/16xsata cd-rw/dvd drive what i dont have is original case wiring and power supply
but id really love to make this work again but ill need help every step of the way im sure
thanks for your patience ill check in later

Have you tested any of this stuff out yet? If not, throw in a power supply, and see if it fires up. If it doesn't, take out everything that isn't needed. CD/DVD' drives, hard drives, video cards. And place a single stick of ram in it. If it still doesn't work, try a different stick of ram, until you go through them all. If that doesn't work, it could be that the motherboard is messed up.

Like he said, you'll need a power supply to know what does and does not work.

You say it fell? Like...physically fell? How far?

I think a fall is most likely to damage the hard drive.

well yuh i have tried that but cant get it to recgnizw hard drive so it powers up but nothing on screen

-EDIT-

original hd he kept but it was a wd 750 gb and i know the 500 works it was out of my other comp

Ok, you'll need to supply a few more details.
Does anything ever get displayed on the screen?
Does everything sound like it's starting right? e.g lights come on, fans spin up, hard drives spin up, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom