First time builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenkiSX

Baseband Member
This will be the first time I try to build a computer and I am unsure about what to expect through the whole processes but I am looking foward to it. The computer will be used for gaming, music, videos, and ofcourse school work and surfing the web. Here is my current build:

Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939

Motherboard:
ASUS A8V DELUXE Socket 939

RAM:
Corsair ValueSelect 512mb

Video Card:
GeForce FX5500

HardDrive:
Maxtor DiamondMax 120GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

I have a $1200 limit to spend on the computer. And with everything above plus case, keyboard, mouse, monitor, and the other essentials I come out just at $1200.

So please give me your opinions and tips on my build, and tips on how to prepare for doing my first build and resources to look at. Ive read through a couple of "Building a PC" guides and hopefully they will help out.

*EDIT: If thier is better Mobo for a begginer like me to work with please let me know.

I was looking at the MSI K8N Neo4-F Mobo and reading the reviews and from the sound of it this might be an easier board to work with for my first time building a PC. Any thoughts?

Well #1 that PC for 1200$ is a rip.

For 1200$ you can build a high end PC. For 1200$ you could even probolly do better with a dell (LOL) than whoever you are buying this from.

You can state what kind of monitor you need (LCD vs CRT, for your amount I recomend CRT, since good LCD's for gaming cost ALOT) and people will go by and give you build recomendations here.

Its is $1200 with the monitor, OS (which was $229 :( ) ,Keyboard, Speakers, and a few other things. Without that stuff it is just a $600-700 computer.

I'm piecing everything together from NewEgg.com

What is hte pice of the mouse keyboard and speakers casue 229 for the moniter unless there like 100 each i don't see y it would cost you so much.

NewEgg is down for somereason so here is a break down of everything from memory, so it might not be exact to the number.

Mother Board: $110
Processor: $150
Video card: $57
Memory: $50
Hardrive: $70
Case w/ PSU: $120
4 80mm Fans: $18
Keyboard: $20
Speakers: $10
Operating System: $229
Monitor: $230
DVD Drive: $30
CD Burner: $30
Floppy: $9
----------------------
Total: $1123

your getting windows xp professional? you can buy it cheaper on ebay for around 100:) i wouldn't get any computer parts from there but i would get the OS. and saveing that money on the OS could let you upgrade it a little more.

I never really though about looking on ebay for a OS. Guess I have to go check it out.

Well Newegg.com has the OS for $1xx buts it was OEM.

Im not sure what the diffrence is. I heard someone say that you can only install it once on a computer and then thats it, if you want to install it again you have to buy another copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom