First time builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

clint.mckibben

Baseband Member
I was thinking about building my own pc and wanted to pick the brains of you guys to see what you think. My budget is gonna be 600 to 700. I can put it together but not much on knowing what parts are best for my money.

If you guys could throw together the parts (with links from newegg or something) of good parts to get, I would be very grateful. Best parts for my money.

Basically not gonna play anything too graphically intensive. World of warcraft and diablo 3 when it comes out. Games aren't limited to those. I'll answer any questions you guys have.

I will probably run windows 7 or ubuntu or both. Not totally sure. I am a mac guy switching solely for monetary reasons.

Nice bundles, aliasaid!

Unless you are familiar with Linux, I'd go 7. I tried Ubuntu several times, every time i got lost and gave up on it.

It has 8 usb ports on the rear and 2 onboard connectors for a total of 4 more. Usually 1 with 2 connections will go to your front panel connection and the other 2 can be used if needed.

Ok so, I am actually getting near to being able to buy this. I don't get access to money to buy this stuff until february 2nd. I noticed that all the combos linked are all gone now. I was directed to a website called zipzoomfly.com.

Can you guys give me new links? I'm looking to spend about 700 dollars (obviously minus keyboard, mouse, monitor)

Ok so, i looked briefly at zipzoomfly and it looks like I may get better deals via combo deals with newegg. Still looking for help with a rig. The HD, DVD burner and obviously windows 7 that muffin man listed are still what i'm going for.

Looking for help with the rest.

Was thinking maybe
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
For the case and power supply. Not totally sure. Help with the rest? 700 to 750 total spend is the goal.

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Green WD5000AADS 500GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

What do you all think? With mail in rebates that equals about 752.

I'm a total noob at actually building this. Will i have to get a wireless adapter? I assume so. If so, which is better/faster a card or the usb plug in type? Any other neat little things I might look at getting for this rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom