First time build/upgrade help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok all. My stuff will all be here on Thursday and I need to get ready for the build. What should my first steps be? I have no clue about this so I need some guidance.
This is my only comp and since i'm taking parts from this one to put in my new build I will be away until that is done. I need this to go smoothly, as I use this comp for work and school. Thanks all

find yourself a nice flat non static prone area (tile floor if possible) what I like to do is put down trash bags on the table sso I can avoid static a little better that and not ruin my moms table lol.

get your case open completely and install your hd and optical.

some cases PSU goes first some motherboard it really just depends what looks or is easier to you

put your cpu, mobo, ram, and heatsink on before putting inside case and than mount it.

wire everything and put any other peripherials in.

do some wire management use zipties and anywhere you can hide wires use those spots.

put the case back together and you are done.

just make sure to ground yourself frequently or use gloves or some form of static protection.
and remember the most amount of force you are going to use is when you install your ram lol dont force parts if they don't fit right at first.

Thanks ladies. That really helps in that area, but what about the Bios? I have no idea how to do that. Do I just go step by step? or do I have to know voltage and stuff like that for all my hardware?
Thanks again

I am guessing you are both women LOL, the names are hard to guess but with those avatars who knows lol, I can't see through comps, YET.
I was not meaning overclocking, just the initial set-up through the Bios. I just want to make sure I have all my T's crossed and I's dotted if you get me.

Well we're both males who enjoy women? lol

Well for the most part the bios is set to go right off the bat the only thing I can think of is turning off amd cool n' quiet and just checking little things like that are to your liking, like fan speeds and junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom