First time build $2500 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

396sahara

Solid State Member
I have no idea but what would you guys do differently to build a high end gaming rig. My budget is 2500 bucks top end and i have the monitor already. Any info would be awesome. THis list is just what ive seen lately because i am so behind the power curve.. Thanks for any help

Newegg.com - NZXT Nemesis Elite Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - EVGA 132-CK-NF79-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI DDR3 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGEGTX2801024E GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - Thermaltake Toughpower W0155RU 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - CORSAIR 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST3750330NS 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - ASUS Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 14X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners

Newegg.com - ASUS 2-Tone 1X Blu-ray DVD-ROM 12X DVD-ROM 32X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-Ray Combo Model BC-1205PT - Blu-Ray Drives

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

You really don't need to blow 2500 on one build especially if you have the monitor. I would save some of that for future upgrades. But...

If you're looking to spend some money either:
A) Wait for Intel's Nahalem chips to come out as they will be faster and building a machine with them will be costly.

Or

B) Motherboard: Asus P5q deluxe or Biostar Tpower I45
GPU: ATI HD4870X2
PSU: Corsair 750wat of Buy.com
Memory: OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 2x2gb

The other things you have in you build look fine. But yea stay away from sli chipsets. DDR3 isn't worth the money right now. 1000wats is overkill and corsair is a better brand, and the 4870x2 is the best card on the market.

I have no idea but what would you guys do differently to build a high end gaming rig. My budget is 2500 bucks top end and i have the monitor already. Any info would be awesome. THis list is just what ive seen lately because i am so behind the power curve.. Thanks for any help

Newegg.com - NZXT Nemesis Elite Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - EVGA 132-CK-NF79-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI DDR3 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGEGTX2801024E GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - Thermaltake Toughpower W0155RU 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - CORSAIR 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST3750330NS 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - ASUS Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 14X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners

Newegg.com - ASUS 2-Tone 1X Blu-ray DVD-ROM 12X DVD-ROM 32X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-Ray Combo Model BC-1205PT - Blu-Ray Drives

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

750GB is a lot of space, I'd say the 640 for the price, maybe two if you have the money.

1000w is over kill, a 550w ~ 800w will be more than enough.

What are you trying to run? What games etc, you really don't need to spend 'that' much on one rig.

Take a look at this build:http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/my-first-custom-computer-186093/

Thanks for the input.. As far as use , warhammer, crysis, WOW, and i have a serious condition know as obsessive comulsive disorder lol.. So when i build something it always gets done way overboard.. I thought the GTX 280 was the best gpu right now? And as far as the power supply and hard drive ill follow what you guys say i need. Keep in mind at the end of this thread ill prolly purchase the parts that have been recommended to me on here. SO thanks for any input

I would wait for the Nahalems like alvoss said above

That is waaay too much money for those games and nothing will run Crysis great anyway

Revise your build with some opinions no need to waste money

Send any to me I need a new mouse :/

I would suggest not to get the 790i. Price just isn't worth it, and it only uses DDR3 ram. If you want to spend a lot on a motherboard then get this:
Newegg.com - ASUS Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Or if you want to stick with SLI then this is the best SLI board for the money:
Newegg.com - EVGA 123-YW-E175-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i FTW SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

This ram would go nice with either board as well::
Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memoryhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227191

If you want to wait to dump a truckload of money on something that, in my opinion, doesn't seem all that necessary, wait for Nahalem.

If you want a computer now that'll kick *** regardless, then that quad core you picked out will kick some serious pants.

But I'd do what the others suggested, in terms of the power supply and avoiding DDR3 for the time being.

i'd go with a 9650. if you are going to spend that much money, buy the best processor you can (without getting into the qx...those are ridiculously expensive). stick with the p45 mobo that was suggested.

OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) has nothing to do with going overboard. It is merely a name for an activity that an individual finds themselves doing without thinking or uncontrollably. Such as counting your steps, counting your tooth brushing time, doing any task in the exact same way every time, etc.

OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) has nothing to do with going overboard. It is merely a name for an activity that an individual finds themselves doing without thinking or uncontrollably. Such as counting your steps, counting your tooth brushing time, doing any task in the exact same way every time, etc.
I agree, I was called OCD cause I clean my hard drives/room to frequently. Some people will call you OCD cause they lack the will to start and finish a project, but, this isn't a thread about human behavior :D

Thanks for the input.. As far as use , warhammer, crysis, WOW, and i have a serious condition know as obsessive comulsive disorder lol.. So when i build something it always gets done way overboard.. I thought the GTX 280 was the best gpu right now? And as far as the power supply and hard drive ill follow what you guys say i need. Keep in mind at the end of this thread ill prolly purchase the parts that have been recommended to me on here. SO thanks for any input

Well, Are you going to be overclocking ANY of your hard ware? CPU? Graphics card? Are you going to go SLi? those are also determining factors on how to best recommend computer hard ware parts, also, it gives you the best performance without breaking your wallet.

Computers depreciate in value the moment you buy them, so it's better to make a smaller investment that will carry you through and upgrade when another better piece of hard ware comes along that enhances your computing experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom