First pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.

killercripple

Beta member
I'll start off by saying i have no experience in computer building. So i apologize in advance. If i say something that doesn't make since.

My budget is 1000-1200$ range. Id would like to not need to upgrade anytime soon. I figure less time i spend in side the computer, less likely i am to mess something up. Only time i want to open it. Is if I feel like crossfiring.

I will mainly be using the computer for gaming and a little video editing.
I want to run 2 monitors, and my TV. Id like to be able too, say run a game on 1 and have something on the other (i.e video, music, webcam ext).

This is what i've come up with

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor
ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
XFX HD-687X-CNFC Radeon HD 6870 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
COOLER MASTER Elite 430 RC-430-KWN1 Black Steel / Plastic Computer Case
ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner
COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS700-PCAAE3-US 700W ATX 12V v2.3 Active PFC Power Supply
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
Patriot Pyro PP60GS25SSDR 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
Western Digital RE4 WD5003ABYX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

If talked with a few friends about this list. They say it will work and its overkill for what i will be doing, but i figure i wont need to upgrade for years.

If there is anything They or I have missed please let me know, Or if there is something i could trade out and save a few bucks or get better performance out of.

Thanks in advance for any help

I've posted my 1st post on 2 other pc sites. they also said to switch the psu, so i went with the Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

they also said to get the WD Caviar, But they said to get the 750gb for 5$ more. plus it has twice the cache.

the only problem im having is the ram. they say to not get g.skill and get either Crucial, Corsair, Kingston, or A-Data, But the ASUS site list of compatible memory doesn't list any 2x4gb kits that will work for the motherboard i picked. i don't know if its cause the list is old/outdated or the MB cant run 2x4gb sticks.

Like i said in my 1st post i'm a complete noob when it comes to pc building. So im trying to find some info on this or wait for a reply on the other forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom