First ever build for serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
The motherboard you speced will not work with the CPU you speced, and you're going to need an OS.

The only Intel motherboard that is the same price is the Foxconn H61MX, it is one of the cheapest available socket 1155 motherboard on Newegg.

I can't really speak to the quality of Foxconn, or the functions of the H61 northbridge.

Hehe any intel based 1155 socket board. The one you picked is am3 AMD board.

What budget are you using?
Do you want an intel build, AMD Build or the best possible build?

The only Intel motherboard that is the same price is the Foxconn H61MX, it is one of the cheapest available socket 1155 motherboard on Newegg.

I can't really speak to the quality of Foxconn, or the functions of the H61 northbridge.
oh ok dude so any 1155 would work cool ty :D

Hehe any intel based 1155 socket board. The one you picked is am3 AMD board.

What budget are you using?
Do you want an intel build, AMD Build or the best possible build?
hehe yea im just to new at all this :D but my budget is like $600-$700 or a bit more do you think it will be a decent computer once its built? and any of the 2 really all i have is an hp with a 6150 le gfx card so anything than this puppy would be good

I think I know what you're thinking Paton, the Phenom II x4 955BE is cheaper than the i3 2100.

From what I can see the i3 still beats it in gaming performance. Granted you could save some money going AMD based, but I'm not sure you would save enough to make any significant changes to any of the other components.

Yha the i3 may Beat the x4, but not horribly, and do to how this site now forwards newegg links, I can't even tell if theres a video card, as newegg links don't work for me anymore...

But... Now that I did some elite haxxor magic.... Its a 6850.

I'd now suggest a p67 or z67 so as when the OP Gets more cash, an upgrade to a k chip and overclocking can happen.

Like this Newegg.com - MSI P67S-C43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard
for 26 bucks more.

Yes abit more now, but in a year it'll be overall less.

omg ty guys i did what you suggested and got the p67 and for the cpu is the i3 good enough or is shelling out some bucks worth it? love these forums

Edit
should i get an aftermarket cooling fan or is the one that comes with them good enough?

oh and sorry to bug so much but which os should i get home premium?

Okay.. the best cpu you should get would be the 2500k.. The 2600k is wasted on gaming.

Nowe, currently in about 90% of games the i3 will be fine, however, games are become 4+ core capible so the i3 will be hampered.
BUT if on a budget, the i3 is great for now, and with a p67 board now, you have the futue ability to go for a better chip and overclock it, when cash is better AND you start having game issues.

The i5 quad is 60bucks more, so not knowing your money situation we can only give suggestions with pros's and cons. It will be a improvement, but precisely how much isnt really known to me.

No, i wouldnt spend the money on an aftermarket hsf. If you were overclocking, which isnt really possible on non k chips, or lived in a really hot area, its money unwisely spent on a tighter budget.

Home P is just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom