First Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhcpfan09

Beta member
Yeah...So i decided to build my own computer-staggering concept to grasp-and i was wondering if someone could help me out and make sure the parts i want to use are overall good.

Motherboard: ABIT KN9 SLI NVIDIA Socket AM2 (940) ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / SLI Ready / Dual Gigabit LAN / S/PDIF / USB 2.0 / Serial ATA / RAID

CPU:No idea-whats best?

Power Supply:Coolmax / CX-400B / 400-Watt / ATX / 120mm Fan / SATA-Ready

Hard Drive:Western Digital / Caviar SE / 320GB / 7200 / 8MB / SATA-300 / OEM

Video Card:Radeon® X1650 Pro 512MB PCI Express

And then mouse, keyboard, case obviuosly. I'm looking for a good gaming build, but one that can also do multiple functions. I'd appreciate any help.
Micah

What is your budget?

Everyone is going to tell you to get Core2Duo. Is your heart set on AMD?

No it's not. But I've heard AMD was better for graphics. And Core2Duo for the processor-budget is about $1000 to 1500-that range. I've looked up the prices, and when I've found the CPU it'll be around $1500.

So your budget is $1500?

Well I'm not one of the best with hardware but a case is really your preference. I personally like Lian Li. A lot of people like thermaltake and Antec cases too. If you wait until early march I think the new line of nvidia cards come out.

Motherboard: Asus PB5-E $150
CPU: E6600 $300
PSU: Forton 600w $120
HD: 320GB WD $90
Video: 8900GS $300
Sound: X-Fi Xtrememusic $100
Memory: 2GB DDR800 $200
Case $100
Mouse/Keyboard $50

This can all be found on newegg.

Thats around $1400. If you want a monitor it can still be under $1500 by just lightening up on the video care/case/cpu.

mouse and keyboard are just what you would pick out. Do you want a monitor? I assume you already have one since you didn't list it. Do you need an operating system or do you already have one?

i cant recall a 8900GS ever being produced or going to be, did you mean 7900GS? and if you're gonna do $300 for a video card you might as well got for the 320MB version of the 8800 or you could go for one of the X1900 models

he means the 8900gs which hasnt been released and probably wont until april-may lol the 8800gts 320mb will be fine for lower resolution monitor as in less then 1600x1200 but any higher and you will probably want the 640mb version unless you have to have the best and get a gtx. you wont need a sound card unless your an audiophile. get the g-skill 2gb ram its got great price/performance. I personally prefer Seagate hard drives but both Seagate and western digital are big brands and reasonably reliable. 500 watt psu is all that you will need as long as it is by a big name brand. If your going to over clock you may want too consider an after market cooler for the cpu.

Matt

ive heard april-may i could be wrong though but it is suppose to be second quarter so you could be right too but i consider march to be first quarter of the year. so whatever floats ure boat :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom