First Built System wont start up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennykyser

Baseband Member
I just finished building my first system and everything went good, the hardest part was putting the fan (heatsink I think is what its called) over the processor, really had to push that last tab to get it to pop in was worried the motherboard would break but finally popped in.

The original video card I ordered was the wrong type, my Motherboard would not take the AGP. I purchased a Diamond Stealth Radeon 9250 in PCI Version yesterday at Office Max so I could go ahead and build my system.

When I start the system up all the fans come on, the heat sink, the DVD RW and DVD rom both work but no picture on the monitor at all, the power led just blinks on and off. I had just moved it over from my other computer so I know it was working. I hope someone can help me.

A few things I thought of last night while I couldnt sleep thinking about this.

I did not have a keyboard hooked up, only an wireless mouse

The Video Card I installed was PCI, the mobo does accept PCI express but I couldnt find a video card in that version.

There is no power to the video card I even took it back out and looked it over to try and find a place to hook up the power suply, NONE.

I see there is a plug labeled PCI-E on my supply that is not hooked up to anything, can find no place to hook it.

Any Help would be very much appreciated.

i think you have to use a pcie slot. cause im not sure. i wouldnt think there is a power slot on your video card. and im just wondering why you got the 9250 when you have a pcie slot. i would return that card and get the eVGA 6600GT pcie which is like 132 at monarch computers

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...roduct_Code=190325&Category_Code=nvidia-PCI-E

actually 130 after mail in rebate and FREE Shipping...i dont think you need a keyboard for it to boot up, you just wouldnt be able to do anything once it turns on cause you have to go in the bios which is delete or F1 or something.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102568

if you cant spend 130 dollars you can spend 87 but i wouldnt recommend it

I had ordered one with the rest of my parts, but after I ordered realized it was a gpx, I wanted to finish setting it up so just went to the local stores to find one, I will end up doing just that ordering one online.

I will keep you informed, I have ordered the above PCI-E Video card will be here tomorrow (can you see how patient I am) I appreciate the help and sugestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom