First building experience was terrible (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumbi

Baseband Member
Got everything today and I was sooo excited. Started on it as soon as I got home. All the hardware is now installed in the case, but the DvD drive is missing a sata cable. I have no idea where to plug these 2 huge wires coming out of my fan. Also, there are like 4 wires that I can't seem to find a place to plug them into. Are they extra or should I be able to find a place for them? I am now miserable after spending 5 hours on my computer today.

the two pin fan connectors are connected to a two pin port on the motherboard, it will only fit one way, so don't force it.

Not all wires will connect to the mobo, some cases come with alot of extras that the mobo does not have room for, but refer to the mobo and or case manual to double check.

Also the motherboard should have included SATA cables with it's packaging.

Take a break, don't need to finish it in one sitting.

It has one sata cable and another cable that was realy thin, almost not even a cable that supposively hooks up to either my dvd drive or hard drive, but neither of them had a space for that type of cable. The Mobo included one of each (the sata and the thin wide one). And there are 2 sets of cords coming from the fan.

You mean "thin and wide" like this?

MWSnap00911-03-09.jpg

I had a union painter tell me once, if its going bad; pack it up and come back tomorrow. man, was he right.

yeah like that. Do I just need to get another Sata cable for the other drive?

Sounds like it, provided the other drive is a SATA of course. SATA cables are dirt cheap, thankfully.

I'm finding them for 15 bucks a cord everywhere I'm looking, can I just stop by a local wal-mart or staples or something?

I'm finding them for 15 bucks a cord everywhere I'm looking, can I just stop by a local wal-mart or staples or something?

Newegg.com is a life saver. However, if you do not want to wait for the item to be shipped, you might check radio shack or BestBuy.

$15? WTF? I ordered some 90-degree, low profile SATA cables for $2 a pop. Use NewEgg and wait the extra day or two for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom