First Build - Will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

notredame5432

Beta member
Hey everyone,

I am getting ready to build my first computer and I think I am ready to order. I just want to make sure that everything I have picked out will work together and is also good quality.

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

I have a few main questions. First, is that motherboard good? Newegg reviews are promising but I am just worried because of the low price. It has a lot more features than the other boards I found in that range.

Second, do I need to buy any fans for cooling? I don't plan on overclocking.

Finally, are there any good promotions for buying things through newegg? I have found a 3% cashback option through livesearch. I just wanted to know if there are any other discounts offered through newegg.

Thanks

Your build looks good but one thing that confuses me is the fact that you have two cases in your wish list. Which of those are you planning on buying?

It's a good rule of thumb, even if you don't plan to overclock to buy intake and exhaust fans for your systems, either 80mm or 120mm depending upon the size of your case. Traditionally, the most effective way to mount the fans are to put an intake in the front and an exhaust in the rear, to increase the overall airflow in the case, which helps anything the heats up on the motherboard, the ram, the hard drive(s), and any other cards you have installed on the motherboard.

As far as promotions go, I don't know of any off the top of my head and haven't taken the time to really look for any. My best suggestion is to do what you have done; that is, search the web for them because I'm sure there are several out there if you dig deep enough.

Hope that helps,

-Chase-

Thanks for the advice. The reason I had 2 cases up is that I was told the initial one I had was a poor choice so I found a new one and didn't see the remove option afterward. I ended up making the order and getting the better case.

As far as fans go. The case I ordered comes with 4 fans. So hopefully that will be sufficient. Otherwise I can always add on.

some stock fans aren't that great, so if you're computer runs hot try replacing those.
i'm surprised you didn't get yelled at for that psu :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom