First Build, Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

freestylekgb13

Beta member
Ok, this is my first time building a computer. I ordered all the parts from Newegg and they arrived. Heres a list of what i ordered:

Case - Thermaltake Soprano

Motherboard - MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum NF4 Ultra

Power Supply - Antec SP-450

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Socket 939

RAM - Corsair ValueSelect 512MB x2

HDD - Samsung 160GB SP1614C

Video - EVGA GeForce 6800 GT 256 MB

Windows XP Home

After putting all the components together, I plugged the power and monitor in to see if it worked. The case and CPU fans starting spinning and the LEDs lit up, however, nothing appeared on the screen. When I checked the diagnostic lights, they were all red which the motherboard manual states is a problem with the CPU. I checked the CPU and it seems to be installed correctly. I was thinking that maybe it was a bad processor however there is no way to check because i dont have another AMD processor. Thanks for your help in advance.

I would think that you would get some sort of beep code from the computer if your CPU was bad....( I could be wrong though)

I would make sure the power connection to the motherboard is seated properly then try again.

If that doesn't work, RMA that b!tch back to new egg.

I've had the same problem as you. What fixed my problem was reseating the RAM. Maybe try one stick at a time. If that doesn't work, go find another piece of RAM from a friend or older computer and if it works then, well, obviously your RAM was DOA.

If that doesn't work, RMA that b!tch back to new egg.

there has been a ton of these lately with guys building there own systems, use the search function to check. Search 'no monitor', 'no screen'. Make sure everything is seated ie graphics card, and youve checked the basics like your monitor is on correctly, cables, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom