First Build, Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicroMighty

Beta member
Hey guys,

So I set myself a budget of around $1000 for building a new desktop. I have never built my own computer and have a limited scope of knowledge when it comes to constructing one. However I am eager to learn and cant wait to put it together!

I found a build on the internet that I thought looked good but I dont know how efficient this build really is. I plan to use this computer for gaming and I want it to be powerful enough to support most and if not all games.

Here is what I have conjured up so far....

Motherboard - ASUS P8P67 Pro Intel P67 Motherboard

CPU - Intel Core i5-2500K BX80623I52500 Unlocked Processor

RAM - Corsair XMS 8GB DDR3 RAM

Video Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 560

Sound Card - Asus Xonar DX PCIe 7.1 Sound Card

Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 1TB

DVD Burner - Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD Burner

Case - Cooler Master HAF 922M ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply - Cooler Master GX Series 650W

After finding the lowest prices on Tiger-Direct and MemoryExpress I found that this build would cost me ~ $1050 CAD. I havent checked out NewEgg.com yet and am having a bit of trouble figuring out whether I can get some of this in bundled and have it shipped to Canada.

Anyways I was hoping some of you could help me critique and improve upon this build. I'd like to keep my budget around $1000 for this pc. Thanks!

It's a good build (I have basically the same build). I'd recommend not getting the sound card (unless you've got good enough speakers that it will make a difference), and perhaps try to buy a 60GB SSD for your OS and programs.

Otherwise, everything looks great.

It's a good build (I have basically the same build). I'd recommend not getting the sound card (unless you've got good enough speakers that it will make a difference, and perhaps try to buy a 60GB SSD for your OS and programs.

Otherwise, everything looks great.

Oh okay, I was actually thinking about opting out of buying the sound card. Thanks for your input! :)

I have to agree, that is a good build. The 2500k is a fantastic CPU for gaming from what I hear. And the real high end games like crysis 2 and battlefield 3 require a recommended of a gtx 460 or a radeon 6850. So the gtx 560 should be good to go for a while.

Screw newegg/TD go to NCIX.com

btw newegg.ca is the Canada site.

Okay, NCIX comes to 1030. BUT they price match, so now you'd go to other online stores and can drop that below 1000.

Places like directcanada hAVE great deals. They do have free shipping over 100 bucks too, but the pricematching can save the shipping and more. Especially if you ditch the ncix 2500k bundle deal and price match.

Anyone have an idea on the coolmaster psu's are?

i'd strongly suggest you do not get that cooler master power supply. unimpressive ripple suppression and noise. especially on the 3v and 5v rails.just below average unit. fine if you are already stuck with ut. but there are better power supply units for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom