First Build HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've obviously built this system, not knowing really what you're doing. If I was you I would go to someone to get it fixed, may cost a few bucks but at least you'll have a working pc and not screw everything up through your naivety.
And actually back to the point, you could try borrowing some pc3200 ram from somewhere. You could try, taking the heatsink off of the cpu and making sure you put that in right: Making sure no bent pins, and that you hold it down when you clip it down. Unplug the dvd drives, they're not necessary for now. Unplug everything you don't need which could drain power. What psu have you got? Ummm.. Making sure everything is securely connected. And if worst comes to worst, take the lot out. And put it all back in, double checking everything.... Make sure graphics card has power connected, although I don't believe a 9200 needs to...hmm.
As for the IEEE port, forget about all things like that, you want it booting first. Try clearing the CMOS. There may be a jumper (check the manual for this). You put it on the other two pins out of the three there, turn on, turn off then put back.
One other thing, make sure the 4pin square shaped power connector from the psu is connected to the motherboard. Aswell as the 20/24pin one.
Make sure the 20/24pin mobo-(MOtherBOard) power connector clicks when you put it in.

Ok well yesterday i unplugged everything cept the cpu fan and heatsink. i turned it on and the bois made 3 beeps, which by the book i'm reading about htis, indicates the memory is wrong. And yea i probably should have tested everything before i put the dvd burner and crap like that in it i was just in a rush. I got all the power cables connected to the motherboard and i checked that over too. i also rechecked the cpu a few times before i put the fan and heatsink on it.

one other thing. I knew mostly everything to do but i skipped steps cuz thats the kind of person i am. now i know next time to not do that but i appreciate the replies and thanks for the help. i'll post probably by the end of friday when i get my new ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom