First build...help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I upped to a 650 watt PSU, directly connected to the card, still no dice. Tried a few other ram sticks, nothing either, checked the manual, ram is in correct place. Any other ideas? I bought this from newegg, returning it would be a hassle =p

Newegg is realy good about returning products

Now for some Hardcore Troubleshooting

Pull one by one every cable, card, and front panel stuff off the board, (EXCEPT POWER SWITCH!) if your pulling and you go to check it and you get NOTHING at all then make sure you didn't pull your power switch off lol been there done that, also make sure you plug the power in everytime too, i hate stating the obvious but SH** HAPPENS lol, check it each pull until you are down to the CPU RAM and Vid

If nothing still i would pull your vid and slap in a cheapo PCI vid card and see if you get anything

also I would reset the CMOS, pop out the battery and unplug the power supply then press the power button for about 15secs then reinsert the battery and also check the mobo manual for the CMOS jumper settings and make sure it is set right

and if still nothing im going to have to say its a CPU issue, (worst case scenario!)

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom