First Build, Casual Gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senjo

Beta member
Hi there,

I'm trying to get parts together so I can build a nice computer for my casual gamer needs. I don't need anything too hardcore, just something good enough to play The Sims 3 and all of its future expansion packs. I would still need it to play my Sims and Sims 2 games as well (so my OS will be XP)

These are the things I had in mind to buy:

Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel , SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

GPU: EVGA 512-P3-N973-TR GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

PSU: XIGMATEK MC NRP-MC651 650W ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V Ver. 2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

Ram: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ

Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

I'm a complete beginner so all my knowledge comes from looking up info 10+ hours a day for a month. Are all the components compatible and good enough for what I want to do? or is it too much? I want something good enough that will last me awhile, but if I can buy something cheaper that will fulfill my needs and save money that would be good too.

Thanks for the help.

the mobo will and PSU will work with either of those cards i suggested. but you cant use both cards at once. and the stock cooling will suffice.

Cool. So the rest of the stuff I picked (like the CPU, Ram, and Case) is okay?

Also, I was reading reviews saying how big the GTS 250 was. Will that really fit on the micro ATX MoBo?

Thanks a lot for all the help. I'm really excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom