First Build, budget, advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the 690 does come out, to only $3 more than at zipzoomfly. But I'd agree that the 690, is the better out of the three choices.

o yeah thats right, thanks b1.
I would just get that case from newegg, since they got the BEST customer service.

Looks like I'm going to go over budget...

How important is the hard drive? I just had mine replaced because the old one died. It's 320GB SATA but it's a proprietary p.o.s.; it's loud and I think it's slow.

How about the cd/dvd? This isn't all that important, is it?

That was a good deal, I was going to snag it.
It seems to me, any step down from that video card will be a huge step down. The cpu and mobo seem like the best I can afford. Still up in the air about the memory. I wanted to save on the case and PSU but everything I hear/read tells me not to.
So what about the hdd and cd/dvd?

I'm obviously over budget but these things happen.

That was a good deal, I was going to snag it.
It seems to me, any step down from that video card will be a huge step down. The cpu and mobo seem like the best I can afford. Still up in the air about the memory. I wanted to save on the case and PSU but everything I hear/read tells me not to.
So what about the hdd and cd/dvd?

I'm obviously over budget but these things happen.

whats the max you can come out with if you wait and save?
$900 could do.
I also would forget about an 8800 series, get the x1900...im not sure what kind, but their was a good deal going on.

I can probably swing another $200.

Seems to be a huge drop in performance from the 8800's to anything below it according to Tom's VGA charts.

I know I'm pushing it with what I have to work with though.

I can probably swing another $200.

Seems to be a huge drop in performance from the 8800's to anything below it according to Tom's VGA charts.

I know I'm pushing it with what I have to work with though.

well the 8800gts is one of the best cards out there...
you willl be able to max out pretty much any game thats out right now with no problem.
But if you cant spend that extra 100-200 on the card, just get the 7900series.

What case and psu have you decided on?

I would go with the CM 690 case, its big and spacios and has good airflow.
If you need an aftermarket cooler, i could give you the ACFP 7 for like $15 shipped since i have an extra one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom