First Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderbox

Baseband Member
Hello everyone I was planning on building a gaming pc in the near future.
Ive been looking around for parts but find that I really dont know what I should buy.

I want to spend around $600.
I want to use a Antec 300 case, 2GB of ram, and a 250GB hd with windows xp.
These are really the only things Ive decided on and i dont know what brands are the best for ram and hds.
Ive found that trying to choose parts for this pc is very difficult so if you guys could help me fill in the gaps it would be much appreciated.

Thx

the build nderscore linked is going to be faster, especially when overclocked. unless you just have to get an AMD, which i wont judge i love AMD. stock speeds, no ginormous difference. so, those really are the defining factors, do you want AMD and are you going to overclock?
if you are going AMD, the only thing i would change in your build would be swap the 5000 with this 5400 Black Edition:
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ Brisbane 2.8GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

it will make overclocking much easier, if you plan on it. man...they are giving those things away now. i bought a 5000 BE for about 120 early this year.

Well i dont have to have amd just thought about it i mean amd is in every computer i own so i guess it was just an autimatic first choice.
Were this is my first build i probly wont try to overclock right away but I will definately try to learn how after I get everything figured out.
So Ill probly go with the build nderscore posted.
But if theres anything else that i will need for a first build put it up.

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom