First Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
er, what parts are good to buy at bestbuy? Also, could i get by with some games (not hardcore) with the HD2600? I don't really do alot of gaming, i just kind of need a graphics card. Also it works well with my money/budget.

Depends on the game. For something like Crysis you would have to use very low graphic settings and/or get low framerates due to its demands. For something like WOW or BF2 you would be fine. The 2600Pro is a little behind the 7600GT, which is a great card (which is just a shade behind the 8600GT).

If you are willing to order from NewEgg, they currently have up a couple of open box steals...

$76
Newegg.com - Open Box: BIOSTAR V7603GT21 GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card

$90
Newegg.com - Open Box: SAPPHIRE 100210L Radeon HD 2600XT 256MB 128-bit GDDR4 PCI Express x16 CrossFire Supported Video Card

**EDIT** Forgot about Best Buy's parts. Any are as good as ordering, but the prices are usually higher. If you can catch a good sale, they can be cheaper.

Ah, my mom is buying my gift cards... so newegg.com and zipzoomfly.com and tigerdirect are good =)

Also, my budget is going to be higher since im not buying at bestbuy.com!

I'm going to get the 8600GT 256mb =)
Also is my PSU okay? i think i dont need all that wattage, but i couldn't find anything cheaper than that, and less wattage... even equal to it!

*EDIT*: umm.. where sort of playing posting tag, do you have IRC or AIM or MSN or anything so we can talk? If you don't want to give me it, or talk thats fine, you might be busy and can't be pestered with these questions. =)

:D I don't do IMs. Too many people like to holler at me when I'm on. Besides, someone else may have something to add.

Your PSU will work. Ultra is not a top-o-the-line PSU, but I don't know of any horror stories connected to them either.

Definitely check Newegg, ZZF for great deals. I don't use TD, but others do. Open box deals are great ways to save some money.

I think this will be my final decision:

8b56r7k.jpg

533 RAM will slow you down unless it is overclocked. Other than that, you are set.

ah... so i guess im going to have to OC the ram (can i??) or buy a different one?
Can you suggest one for around 50-55 dollars? maybe under if possible?

The Tracers have LEDs on the top of them and look cooler. Other than that, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom