finally got some new ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
ok finally got some money and bought some ram now i haven't ever actually changed it do all i do is just take out the old and put in the new and go or is there more to it thanks. also going to be changing the video card in it soon could you tell me how to do that also thanks, don't get mad i know you get asked this all the time :D

Yes, all you need to do is take out the old and put the new in. Make sure the clips are down, and you pull them up to lock it into place.

yeah, they are a tight fit, but other than installing them there is nothing else to do other than reboot...

for the video card, you're gon have to uninstall the drivers first before installing a new one.

If your motherboard has 4 ram slots then its likely only 1 or 2 will be taken up in which case you just need to put the new stick(s) in the empty slots. Just open up the clips at the side and get the ram the right way round (it will only fit in one way) and then push down equally on both sides until it clicks and the clips close.

If you have to take out old sticks then open up the clips and pull out the ram.

For the video card - unplug the monitor from the back and open up your case sideways (so all the cards are pointing "up") and open the clip at the end of the agp/pci express port. Some cases have a clips or bars securing the card at the edge of the case where as some use a screw. If your current card has an external power connector then remove that and then pull out the card.

To insert the new card just place it in the agp/pci express port and secure it with the screw or clip - there will usually be a click when you push in the card. Don't forget to insert a power cable in if required.

If your current graphics card is integrated then just insert the new card and disable the intergrated video at the bios.

Needless to say make sure your PC is off and unplugged at the mains and keep touching the inside of the case to keep your self grounded and prevent giving static shocks to your components.

Before you change the video card uninstall the drivers - check your current card manufacturers website for instructions. Usually it just involves uninstalling the driver via add/remove programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom