• Nice build! way to go!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good enough for now.

• Its alright i guess.

• Could use some work.

• It absolutely sucks just go jump of a cliff and stop attempting the build a computer.

• Other. (if you chose other please post why)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XI_xtasy_ix

In Runtime
Motherboard - Newegg.com - ASRock H55M LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Processor - Micro Center - Core i3 530 Processor Boxed

RAM - Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ - Desktop Memory

Hard Drive - Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

DVD Burner - Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners

Power Supply - Newegg.com - Rosewill Green Series RG530-S12 530W Continuous @40°C, 80 PLUS Certified, Single 12V Rail, Active PFC "Compatible with Core i7,i5" Power Supply - Power Supplies

Case - Micro Center - Three Hundred ATX Case

Monitor x2 - LG W2361V-PF 23-inch 1080p Full HD LCD Monitor (Refurbished) | Overstock.com

Video Card - None for now. im just going to use the integrated graphics with the older games i have until i have enough money to get an amazing card.

Total (w/out monitors) = $508.26

Ordering starts in 1 or 2 days so if you have any last minute suggestions im still willing to make changes to make this as good as i can.

Please consider and comment on these questions:
-Good enough power for the money?
-Could i get it cheaper?
-Better for the same price?
-and any other comment you can think of.

Uses:
-Gaming
-Movies
-Music

Just a last quick question.
-Will the integrated graphics be able to handle dual monitors?

For the price i think is a " good enough power" just one question. how many GPU's are you going to be running on this computer? remember they are power eaters..besides that i think is a good built.

just one when i get around to getting it. after that (when i get a job) i plan on upgrading the entire machine until i have 2 different ones this one and a newer one.

ok i know almost nothing about power supplies and ive been double guessing myself and being a very confident person i dont really like the feeling. so if someone could either check my PSU and make sure its good enough or post one that is good (but not to expensive) that would make me feel alot better thanks.

Switch out the Lite ON DVD Burner with this to save a dollar.
Also, this LG Burner has some faster write times than the Lite ON you selected.
Newegg.com - LG Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners

Switch out the case with this.
Newegg.com - Rosewill Blackbone Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
The Blackbone is a much better case than a shoddy Antec 300. (I'm willing to defend that point)
It's not manufactured by Rosewill, a private case design company named Maxcube designed the "Rosewill Blackbone"
It's really called the Vortex 3630, which is a newer revision of the Vortex 3620.
(You can see a video review of the Vortex 3620 here)
Newegg.com - APEX Vortex 3620 SGCC / ABS ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case - Computer Cases

It will save you some money, if you factor in the shipping for your 300, and you'll probably enjoy the screwless design, the amazing cable management features, and the ability to swap out your CPU Cooler should you ever want to, without removing the motherboard from the case chassis.

I would pick this PSU over the one you selected, because it comes out cheaper when you take shipping into account, and has a much lower DOA or failure rate than Rosewill PSUs. (Not that the green series is bad or anything, it's actually very good)
And also the Antec Neo 520w has a 3 year warranty, versus the Rosewill's 2 year warranty.
Newegg.com - Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Another option you could do is to possibly use this combo deal, which would save you at least $5 more. Getting you a Rosewill Blackbone case and Rosewill Green Series 630w PSU for slightly under $100 with shipping factored in.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I support your decisions on the monitors, the CPU(If you want to go for a budget Intel Build i3 530 is quite a gem), the RAM even though it's 1600 with CL9 it is low voltage making it a potentially good RAM set for overclocks, and the Hard Drive, even though Newegg just ran out of stock, Amazon.com has it for 55$ free shipping right now too.

As for the motherboard, I have had my share of trouble with Asrock in the past, so I advise against it. If you feel comfortable with the brand though, go ahead.
I personally would go with this motherboard instead, for the piece of mind.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

One comment I have, is a question.
What graphics card are you planning on getting in the future?
You may be able to invest in a cheaper power supply, if you're getting something with low power draw.

noboby deleted it when you are new to the forums until you are over like 5 or 10 posts or whatever your posts have to be approved by a moderator before they are posted.

Welcome to the forums. :D

I appreciate the input and will look it over and comment more on it when i get to school and have the time to look it over :)

thanks again

Alright i looked through the parts you suggested and have a few comments

1st of all thanks for the PSU it looks alot better than mine and i cant believe i missed it in my search.

2nd ilike the case expecially the LEDs i have always been into that kind of thing but are there enough fans just in case i decide i want to start OCing?

3rd i like the mobo and was actually looking at it but changed it when i saw that the asus mobo had the supported CPU technology and was wondering if the gigabyte board could do the same stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom