Final Build, Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazzer3

In Runtime
Help with Final Build please!

Hi guys,

I've posted my build ideas numerous times, and this is a final idea I have, I've bought the monitor, amongst other things, and just need to make sure that it is good,

For £750 (Ex. VAT)

- Asrock MoBo
- AMD X2 4200+
- 2048mb Corsair RAM DDR
- 200GB IDE HDD
- ATi Radeon X800GTO 256mb
- Wireless LAN
- Firewire Card
- Thermaltake Tsunami Dream (550W PSU)
- DVD+/- RW + 52x CDRW (Sony)

I think that is about it.

Good?

Charlie -

mobo: get a better mobo
cpu: either get the 3800+ or the 4400+
ram: not enough info, but looks good.
HDD: get SATA...
video card: i'd reconsider that choice.. i'm sure you can get much better card for the same price..
wirelessLAN: not best for gaming
firewire card: just get a mobo w/ firewire
psu: looks good

lol good luck..

What graphics card could I get for the same price that is better, and also what advantages does S-ATA have over IDE?

Charlie -

Ok, ok, I was not expecting such a bad reaction, can I just let you know that this computer will mainly be used for work, internet, photoshop, and a small amount of gaming. (nothing majorly intensive).

And, so from reccomendation, that MoBo, you are suggesting is double the price of my current option, what benefits do I get? (the one I've chosen has good reviews), also, would you say this graphics card is good:

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=12550&GroupID=331

There are really good reviews of this, 'tuned' card...

Also, I need WiFi for networking...

thanks,

Charlie -

Please say anything else, make them brutal, I need to know what's best!

Charlie -

By the way, I'm going to be asking for a quote on these parts today or latest tomorrow, so I need to know, I'm pretty set on that MoBo even though you all seem to hate it!

Anyway, the graphics card seems a lot better???

i suggest u go with a eVGA, why?

1) reliability
2) is it evga or bfg that has a lifetime warranty ( i think its eVGA)
3) step-up program, if u ever want to upgrade, u send them that card, the value of that card ( what u paid when u bought it ), will be subtracted form the value of the new card u want to upgrade to, so u dont have to pay the whole price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom