Originally Posted by Invisible
whats a recertified hdd?
Please don't double post.
Products described as “Recertified” are products which have been retested to ensure compliance with original manufacturer specifications in function and for purposes related to warranty.
Recertified products typically:
• Have never been used, where the outside factory seal has been broken. This can be due to a cancelled order for example.
• Are items returned to the original manufacturers that were used in field tests, sales displays or demonstrations.
•Products that have been returned for warranty service, which have been brought to manufacturer specifications.
• Are products that have been returned for reasons other then defect. These items are sent to the manufacturer for inspection and testing. The passing products are then repackaged as recertified.
• Are items where the box was damaged in shipment and is then returned to the manufacturer.
• May include a limited manufacturer warranty – see items product page on the website for details