Few Questions (New Computer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBerryShadow

Beta member
So I am purchasing a new computer, and I had a few questions about it... This will be my first desktop computer.

My house is a pile of crap, and if to much wattage is sucked from my room, kitchen, or bathroom the breaker will go out, and I will lose all power to these three rooms. I than have to get up, and flip the switch. Now I was wondering if this could in anyway damage my new computer. It has a 500 watt power supply. Also, I was wondering how much a power generator would cost to keep my computer running in a situation like this.

Newegg.com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2073 Athlon II X2 255(3.1GHz) 4GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity ATI Radeon HD 5450 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

This is the computer I have chosen to buy, and I was wondering how well it will be able to run games... Here is a small list of games that I will likely be playing. I am not a hardcore PC gamer, so will be olderish games.

1. Shogun 2 Total War
2. Rome Total War
3. Empire Total War
4. Left 4 Dead 2, and 1.
5. Civilization V

I am also wondering how well I will be able to run these games, low, medium, or high graphics. Thank you all in advance for answering my questions, I really appreciate your time.

that doesnt seem safe or normal. it may be a good idea to have an electrician check the place out and upgrade your breaker box instead of your desktop. otherwise, try to isolate the breaker for the plug that you are using and make sure nothing else is drawing on it. if you cant do that, try to split your cords on the breakers, maybe with an extension cord, so that the power draw isnt on just one breaker. perhaps your case on one breaker, monitor and speakers on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom