Few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... tax time is coming around (if you have to file) why not wait until then, this way you can use the 400.00 plus some to build a whole new system.
sitting tight, you can do the research, and find what you want to get.

but if your like me and can't hold onto money for nothing, then this looks like a decent upgrade! :p

lucky for me ill have the 400 in a few weeks but yeah money burns a hole in my pocket rather fast lol. im just unsure how much faster my system will be. wish i could spend more but i think 400 will be my cap in like 6 months id have more ><

I'm not sure if the upgrade is really worth it. If you want to get a performance increase maybe consider adding 2-4gb more ram, reinstalling windows on an ssd will give great improvements for effeciency and speed. Overclocking your processor current processor would be good (I recommend adding aftermarket cooling), you will notice nice gains by doing all of this.

In my opinion don't half arse things and if your gonna add something to a pc, it should only be a new gpu, ram or storage capacity. If you feel the need to upgrade your cpu it's probably time for a new pc. And with your current cpu I believe you still have a decent pc.

Components:
[h=1]Corsair Force Series 3 SSD. $169.99
Newegg.com - Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3A-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)[/h][h=1]G.SKILL NS 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) X2. $25.98[/h]Newegg.com - G.SKILL NS 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9S-2GBNS

[h=1]CORSAIR CWCH60 Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler. $74.99[/h]Newegg.com - CORSAIR CWCH60 Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

The good thing about that liquid cooler is that is requires no maintenance, ever... It shall help you overclock your current cpu to a higher frequency.

TOTAL: $270.96

And the advantage of this is, all these components can be transferred to a new pc easier if you decide to build a newer one in the near future. You may need to purchase windows if you don't have your old copy lying around that you can reuse.

Good luck though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom