Feedbacks on 1st Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzN

Baseband Member
Hello this is my 1st custom pc build and i would like to see peoples opinion and feedbacks on how this build is, its mainly for gaming.

1. GPU - (2x) Albatron PC6800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail SLI Support
2. 1st Drive - SONY Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1615/B2s - OEM
3. 2nd Drive - SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write, LightScribe Technology Black IDE Model SH-S182M/BEBN - OEM
4. Hardrive - (2x) Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
5. MOBO - ASUS M2N4-SLI Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
6. PSU - Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-550 EPS12V ATX12V 550W Power Supply - Retail
7. Tower Case - Thermaltake Swing VB6000BWS Black 0.8 mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
8. CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4600CUBOX - Retail
9. Memory - CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWIN2X1024A-6400 - Retail

and my question is im wondering if i'll have enough molex plugs from the PSU for my 2x HD, 2x vid cards, and 2x dvd drives cause when i check the vid card it requires 2x 4pin molex plugs for each vid card ;/

Do you already have a CPU or did I miss that? If not is it going to run on a hamster wheel :D

sorry yes had to edit my post, listed PSU twice; ; my CPU is listed on number 8.

Well couple of things really, don't know if your against intel or not (some are) but the intel conroe chips are meant to be alot better then current AMD's, also if your up for intense gaming new graphics cards are out in november so you might wanna hold off on SLI? Its really upto but other then that I like it :)

Get a single 7900GS or GT. Don't waste your money on SLI.

Get the WD HD that ends in YS instead.

You'll have enouph power cords.

You can always split them.

Hawk said:
Well couple of things really, don't know if your against intel or not (some are) but the intel conroe chips are meant to be alot better then current AMD's, also if your up for intense gaming new graphics cards are out in november so you might wanna hold off on SLI? Its really upto but other then that I like it :)

Yea I'm not really a Intel fan but I heard about Conroe so my last experience with an Intel went downhill so I decided to stick with AMD but i'll be sure to look forward to this on my nxt upgrade seeing as I only wanted to build a system for gaming (not that hardcore) and vista ready.

And about the new video cards being release this November, I didnt know about this and I kinda wanted to try out SLI seeing as people having different opinions about it I had to try it out for myself for experience and I didnt wanna go overboard and get 2x G7 series heh.

turtile said:
Get a single 7900GS or GT. Don't waste your money on SLI.

Get the WD HD that ends in YS instead.

You'll have enouph power cords.

You can always split them.

I have a question about the HD u recommend whats the difference from the one I got and the one that ends in YS??

And thx again for the advice :) I Just wanted to be ready for Vista and DX10 kinda went from a big upgrade from my Dell Dimension 8200. ;)

That upgrade will be better than a Dell 8200, but to be ready for Vista, get more memory, since Vista hogs it way more than XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom