F'ed up my video drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweyedeya18

In Runtime
switched back from my evga 7800gt to my msi 6200 after uninstalling evga drivers and installing msi drivers and now after everything boots up after the login screen, it will show my desktop backround then after about 15 seconds will shut down and restart. everything is plugged in correct but i have no idea what to do. Worst case scenario i need to reformat everything which is not what im leaning towards because i never backed up my stuff. Any ideas?

starting in safe mode didnt help it wouldnt even log in on safe mode it would just say the windows command prompt i think windows/32....

i have 2 WD hds first one has os and most basic sofware, and my second one has simply games, which i would be more willing to reformat. i have my windows cd along with all other programs so thats not a problem thanks again if you reply

its a fortron and its never had any problems before, it wouldnt make sense that it was my psu because it all loads, then once it gets into windows it shuts down, only when i log in, not when im on the login screen

For sure use the 2nd hdd as master then format it and when you get it all straightend out then just hook the other one up as slave and get your files that way, then format it as well. Did you completley remove all the nvidia programs and video drivers from add/remove programs before installing the new drivers? And did you get the new drivers here?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_84.21.html

ok i got it to start up, using the original hard drives, what drivers should i use for a msi card? its a 6200 tc any suggestions?

flashdude should i use that site or the msi site?

always use the nvidia site for all nvidia drivers, that's what they are for because nvidia doesn't make cards just the chips.

ya i finally managed to restart is safe mode, after maybe 10 restarts, just did system restore to before i switched cards, and it works now, thanks for the help. no reformatting for me!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom